Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and the Thais are within their rights to require visitors to have one to enter the country.

I have NOT read anything, certainly not from Thai Embassy in HK, stipulated that all necessary documents must be stored electronically.
Perhaps you could point out please

Post 35 has mentioned ONLY paper document were available/required but that was before 01st Apr.

For the reference, Thailand does have a contact tracing app called ThaiChana, but in the three months that I spent there I did not install it and never encountered any situations where I'd need to.
As far as travel documentation is concerned, I always to have everything on paper. Electronic devices may run out of battery, lose required connectivity, break down, etc, at the worst possible moment. You don't want to be stuck rebooting your smartphone while fishing for a powerbank in front of a border control officer.

Need to bring a back up just in case!
I always have my passport and important documents xerox and brought along when travelling.

That's their personal choice...and the Thais are within their rights to require visitors to have one to enter the country. I hear the diving in Belize is very nice.
Yes, Belize is good. I’ve done around 500 dives out there and it’s one of the destinations I’m looking at post Lockdown.

I have NOT read anything, certainly not from Thai Embassy in HK, stipulated that all necessary documents must be stored electronically.
Perhaps you could point out please

Post 35 has mentioned ONLY paper document were available/required but that was before 01st Apr.
I wasn't referring to electronic entry documents but the contact tracing apps used in Thailand to trace people's movement. These are the Mor Chana and Thai Chana smartphone apps. I suspect having one of them will be required to enter the country in the foreseeable future. If someone refuses to use them, they may be denied entry.

I wasn't referring to electronic entry documents but the contact tracing apps used in Thailand to trace people's movement. These are the Mor Chana and Thai Chana smartphone apps. I suspect having one of them will be required to enter the country in the foreseeable future. If someone refuses to use them, they may be denied entry.

I cannot speak for the future, but I can attest to spending three months in Thailand very recently without any contact with either of these apps.

Need to bring a back up just in case!
I always have my passport and important documents xerox and brought along when travelling.

I also email copies to myself.

I cannot speak for the future, but I can attest to spending three months in Thailand very recently without any contact with either of these apps.

You said that you had no need for the contact tracing app, but if you didn't download it, you don't know if it was needed or not. OK, you didn't fall ill, so you can assume that you weren't being sought to contact.

And thanks for the reply about Samui. I knew the diving was over Koh Tao way.

All those apps are for local ONLY.
I have yet to come across any country other than china!!!!

You said that you had no need for the contact tracing app, but if you didn't download it, you don't know if it was needed or not. OK, you didn't fall ill, so you can assume that you weren't being sought to contact.
I see your point but for most tourists they do not stay for more than couple of wks.
Of course it is very useful if the Gov is looking for you for whatever reason. Use it in HK but NOT everyone follows it.

I can see that happening in the future especially for the tourist.
At the beginning of the outbreak all locals(HK) returning from aboard would require to wear a electronic bracelet so the Gov could monitor if they really stayed at home during the quarantine period. Of course some of them removed it and were FINE.

Back
Top Bottom