Do you drink the spring water while diving?

Have you ever purposefully drank spring water you were diving in?

• Yes

Votes: 37 51.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 48.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have two wells. One is about 50 yards from the river and the water is brown and stinks. One is 100 yards from the river and is the same as flows out of the ground at Ginnie. It is 40 feet deep.

I dunno how deep the stinky well is.

I’ll take a sip to rinse my dry mouth on occasion, but isn’t my normal go to for any sort of hydration/consumption.

_R

There are a few in FL that I probably would drink from. But the vast majority no, there are cows crapping in almost all of the watersheds and plenty of sinkholes for surface runoff.

In Mexico you will ruin your vacation drinking cave water.

In Canada I won't drink stream/river/spring water. Most goes in via a swallet somewhere not that far upstream with beavers and bears and who knows what crapping in that. Or in some cases dry cavers tromping around.

If I need fluids I bring a camelback.

Years ago I sipped the spring water while diving. Then a buddy pointed out that Cow Spring got its name for a reason. In Yucatán? Not on your life. Robbie Schmittner filmed a dive close to Tulum centro years ago and told me that it was the most sickening thing he'd ever seen. You can see the footage on YouTube or on Robbie's website.

Years ago I sipped the spring water while diving. Then a buddy pointed out that Cow Spring got its name for a reason. In Yucatán? Not on your life. Robbie Schmittner filmed a dive close to Tulum centro years ago and told me that it was the most sickening thing he'd ever seen. You can see the footage on YouTube or on Robbie's website.
If I understand correctly, many of the resort hotels use shallow injection wells for their waste water.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom