Turks-Caicos Travel, Possible to comply with TCI Assured?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cert1967

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
T&C says their border is open but is it possible or practical to comply with TCI Assured?

Required, PCR test - 5 days from arrival. So, you have your LAB/Land/Diving/Flight paid for. What if your 5 day PCR test doesn't arrive on time?

Your test comes back, but spouse or partner or your kid's test does not, what then? Leave the wife and home, go diving - how's this going to work?

Colorado - can't find access to a quick turn-around test for an asymptomatic patient

AirEvac for COVID - possible?

How does the 5-day risk work for you?

TCI Assured | Visit Turks and Caicos Islands
  • A negative COVID-19 PCR test result. The test must be taken within 5 days of arrival in the TCI. <<>>
  • Insurance which covers
    • COVID-19 medical costs
    • full hospitalization
    • doctors’ visits
    • prescriptions
    • air ambulance.
  • A completed online health screening questionnaire.
PCR Test
  • Local hospital says
    • CMM & Vail Health are offering COVID-19 testing.
      • "The genetic (diagnostic) test typically includes a nasal swab and is used to determine if a person is currently sick due to COVID-19."
      • Speaking with Vail Health - they prioritize turn-around for the folks that are sick. Not sick, just curious if you are negative - low priority, no guarantee on test result time.
    • UCHealth - University of Colorado. Called UCH, very pleasant, said not sure doc would order PCR test if no symptoms for travel.
      • "UCHealth provides two types of COVID-19 tests: a nasal swab (PCR) test, which detects the presence of the COVID-19 virus in the nasal passages, and a blood test which looks for COVID-19 antibodies. The nasal swab test is recommended only for those currently experiencing symptoms."
      • UCH Urgent Care
        • "Either a doctor’s order from a UCHealth provider or provider that has medical staff privilege with UCHealth."
    • PCR test if you are asymptomatic, not a health care worker, first responder, essential worker - then you need symptoms for the test at most locations
INSURANCE - anyone writing COVID air evac insurance?
  • If you don't currently have in hand air evac insurance, what insurance company would write coverage?

I'm sitting on credits from T&C Aggressor, two airlines, a condo I booked in June and two dive ops that I was diving with before my T&C departure, but have not tried to reschedule any of it yet due to exactly the kind of scenario you outline above. IMHO, too risky to try it now given all the weird testing requirements and timelines plus the fact that covid is still a thing and flying isn't high on my list of things I want to do right now.

If your trip planning prompts that many questions, perhaps you shouldn't go. Too many obstacles, too many headaches. Stay home.

I mentioned this in another post. I'm supposed to go to T&C on the 29th. I had my doctor order me a covid test for a medical procedure. The test will be given at an approved lab according to the T&C web site within the 5 day window. Now...because its for a medical procedure the test results will be back in 24-48 hours. Its a little white lie but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Also i bought the insurance the T&C web site recommended through the web site

See this website for more good info:

tcisafe

We are scheduled to leave for our honeymoon on Sunday 8/23. Staying on Ambergris Cay.

Flying Delta- check your flights, as Delta, JetBlue and American have all cancelled most weekday trips. Delta has been extremely good to work with, both on the trip as well as a cancelled Bahamas trip and a cancelled NYC trip this summer.

We are doing our COVID test today via Passport Health, who are giving 48-72 hour lead times for results, with many coming back in 36 hours per the rep I spoke to yesterday.

Travel insurance through Travelex (roughly $250 for both travelers 33 years old on a 5k valued trip)

We have had this booked since Black Friday of 2019! Hoping it all goes well, but fully prepared to not go as well.

Just an update in case it helps somebody else. I confirmed with T&C today that DiveAssure Deluxe is sufficient to comply with T&C travel insurance requirements.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom