Zenobia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did the zenobia 4 times (3 in the wreck) this summer. Also went with alpha divers.. They are just great!
Dont do other dives in cyprus, just focus on the zenobia. There are a lot of divers around all the time, but on the other hand that wreck is so massive you wont encounter too many during the dive.
My impression: The Zenobia Wreck – Bag full of stories

I am going with Alpha Divers in 2020.

Great communications so far.

Would you dive the Zenobia for 6 days straight or would you do a bit of something else while there ?

Would you dive the Zenobia for 6 days straight or would you do a bit of something else while there ?

Depends on what you're looking for.

I need to return and dive it with a macro lens, found quite a few nudis, and I need to re-take some shots now I know the layout so to speak.

I'd also prefer to go there with my regular buddy so that we could have longer dives as I was pretty much committed to a specific buddy who was not tech on my second day.

They only do two dives per day, and there are other wrecks around, which may be worth visiting.

Concerning the Zenobia and Cyprus in general, which are the best months in terms of visibility? From Italy it's relatively cheap to go there by low cost plane, so if the visibility is good all over the year I might consider going also in months when it's less crowded. It's likely anyway that the best visibility would be in summer from May to August or late summer/early Autumn like September or even October

It is often quite unpredictable here, but generally April-May-June are good with vis - before the temperature starts massively grow, but anyway the bad vis in Cyprus it is at least 15-20 metres :wink:

I will say it was a smidge chilly in mid May 2019, being the aegean and all. Booked in on a long weekend with the wife and only had 1 day there to spare. I had a rental 5ml, but it was chilly and my head and hands were coooold even with a hoodie and gloves. The guide was comfy in his dry suit, the other guy with us was 7ml.

There was enough to see and do, that especially if you're on twins or doing penetration, more than one day is easily doable. As Searcaigh said, it's a big ship and there's a lotta life to see there too especially if you're into photography.

I'm definitely planning to go back, and if the same guy is around that I contacted the first time, yea that's likely where I'll work on refreshing CCR and getting more into wreck penetration before heading to Truk sometime, hopefully.

I will say it was a smidge chilly in mid May 2019, being the aegean and all. Booked in on a long weekend with the wife and only had 1 day there to spare. I had a rental 5ml, but it was chilly and my head and hands were coooold even with a hoodie and gloves. The guide was comfy in his dry suit, the other guy with us was 7ml.

There was enough to see and do, that especially if you're on twins or doing penetration, more than one day is easily doable. As Searcaigh said, it's a big ship and there's a lotta life to see there too especially if you're into photography.

I'm definitely planning to go back, and if the same guy is around that I contacted the first time, yea that's likely where I'll work on refreshing CCR and getting more into wreck penetration before heading to Truk sometime, hopefully.

Welcome to Cyprus - the warmest area of Mediterranean Sea (seriously):)! 5,5-7 ml and good personal hood are necessary until end of June when 24-25 degrees starts to stay in the depths. July-October - 27-28 degrees in our dive waters here!
Cyprus is reopened for tourists (and for divers):) from 1st of April, for pretty wide list of countries! Local restrictions do not concern tourists - already officially!

I did the Zenobia in May 2022, in a 5mm rented wetsuit, was a little cool but doable.
Looking forward to diving it again when we retire to Cyprus next year.

Was there 2 weeks ago and bottom temp 22C. Not an issue in a 5mm suit. Off there again tomorrow. :yeahbaby:
Nice! Looking forward to diving the Zenobia some more when we move to Cyprus in early 2024.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom