Becoming a DUI Dealer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's what I thought. No they are not in my region. They aren't even in Ohio

DRIS is in the Midwest Region and probably does a massive portion of DUI's online sales. You also have Mermet Springs, another Southern Midwest DUI Dealer that does a considerable amount of volume. Their thought process is simple marketing supply and demand—IMHO, most of the Midwest is covered to include their online sales. However, if you can add the value and show where you can compete with these two, then, by all means, hit them up with a great proposal.

If you are the shop I am thinking of, you have at least three DUI dealers within an hour drive of you. That makes a difference.

Two hours in a sparsely populated area with active high volume dealers is very different from NY, FL, CA. In other words, the manufacture takes into consideration not only distance but also population. People drive hours to shop for drysuits if they have to to compare prices and save $$. Politics plays a big role in your scenario.

Dui has also become a sh-t show in recent years. They are getting tough to deal with.

Dui has also become a sh-t show in recent years. They are getting tough to deal with.

They definitely seem to have gone through quite alot of turmoil over the last 4-5 years. That along with the increased competition from Santi and others they definitely do not seem to be heading in the right direction.

Well their competent managers were forced to leave a few years ago - for one reason or another.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom