Booked our First Dive trip to Roatan and staying at Coco View Resort for 2 weeks in July.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arubabob1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Thanks to several members on this board, we just got the last room for 2 weeks at Coco View Resort for July. The 2 bedroom house was our only choice but I am very happy with that because its My Daughter and I. Kyra is 28 and has over 600 dives in and I am Aruba Bob and have well over 1,000 dives in. I owned a snorkel business in Aruba and spend 6 to 7 months a year there. Its a tough life, but someone has to do it! I am a Resident and have dual citizenship. So 95% of our dives have been in Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao. We did 1 trip to Grand Cayman. 1 trip to Maldives and 1 trip to Cozumel. But My Daughter always wants to try other places. She started Nursing School several years ago and now she is in her last year. So this might be the Grand dive trip for us. We hunt Lion Fish and have killed over 5,000 over the last 7 years. I clean them and we eat them. They are very tasty!
So please chime in if you have any good advice for us. We don't drink or party. All we want to do is Dive, Snorkel, eat and sleep. We have a go pro and I have a nice camera. So we are use to taking thousands of pictures because every snorkel trip, we take several hundred and give them to the people. If you care to check out my web site, please feel free. arubabobsnorkeling.com My wife is not a diver and she will not be joining us. She likes to go to Bonaire and snorkel.
So if you have stayed in the 2 bedroom house, let us know what we need to do or anything we should know. We have all our gear and have done tons of night dives. We have everything except air and weights.
She really likes to hunt lionfish so is there places we can go and shoot them? I wonder if the resort has spears and zookeepers? I can bring ours but it would be nice if we don't have to lug them along.
I think we will do all the boat dives and shore dives and most of the night dives. We both still love to snorkel so in between the dives, we will be snorkeling. So bring it on. If you have been there, please feel free to give us any advise. I really like to have everything all planned out so when we get there, we can hit the ground diving!!!! Thanks for all your advice. Aruba Bob

The only thing I will chime in, is that I am jealous.

Re: lionfish hunting, there's a page on CoCoView's website that talks about it. It might be worth reaching out to them in advance of your trip since your volume of experience might be grounds for special consideration.

Re: night dives, I've only been to CCV twice, but during that time didn't see/hear of a boat going out for a night dive -- anyone who does it makes a shore dive. This shouldn't be read as to suggest a lower quality experience; far from it. You can literally go whenever you want.

CoCoView is wonderful. Summer camp for divers. I'd be shocked if you don't have a great time.

My Daughter and I will be staying at the 2 bedroom house at CV and I have seen pics on their website, but if anyone has pictures of the outside and also inside, I would love to see more. Its the Coco Casa Beach House. Thanks. AB

Inside.. B031C81E-B264-432B-B606-689D5F7DA361.jpeg2C3B5568-0CDF-4B39-B0A6-B12C72814B77.jpeg47A36F57-D048-4DBC-BE22-1A959A93B660.jpeg7B8E0E7B-3217-4F97-ACC4-0C954F50DD02.jpeg0D164FAE-EDCD-4483-BCB8-8F9A14DFFFAC.jpeg

Thanks Doc. Do you have any of what the second bedroom looks like?

Well for some reason, I thought the second bedroom had 2 single beds. Thats why I thought they were both the same bedroom. Thanks. AB

Old pix, who’s nose?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom