Trip Report Cozumel Trip Report: April 1-10, 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You hit the mother load my friend....thanks for sharing.

Great trip.
Unfortunately there is no chance whatsoever that I will ever make it to Mexico for a diving trip.

upload_2021-4-9_15-43-17.png

Great trip.
Unfortunately there is no chance whatsoever that I will ever make it to Mexico for a diving trip.
I get it. There is also no chance at this stage of my life that I will get to so many of the places that I would like to. I am grateful for what I have been able to experience. It is a wonderful Planet!

All those yrs of backpacking taught me one most important thing and that is life can be so happy if ones is contented.
Watching those school kids walked 2hrs each way to attend school in the Khumbu region of Nepal. Really admired their determination.

Great report as usual, Trailboss. Best of luck on your COVID test and safe travels home.

Great trip.
Well, OK, but there are also plenty of great dive destinations that are much closer to you than they are to me.

OK, this is the last post for this trip report. COVID test went smoothly yesterday. I got to the International Hospital on time for my 4pm appointment (I suggest making an appointment as soon as you can upon arriving on the island). The tests are by appointment only, so the earlier you schedule it, the better. When I arrived for the test, there was a short 1 page information form to fill out and then I was shuttled over to a waiting room. Shortly thereafter, someone came out and brought me over to a small office type room and conducted the test. It was the deep down the nasal cavity type swab, as opposed to the more benign nose swab type I have had in the past. I came back 2 hours later and my result was printed out and in an envelope for me to take with me. Super easy and efficient all around. I am off to the airport soon and a short flight to Houston and will spend the night there at the airport Marriott hotel and then on to Portland, OR tomorrow morning. It has been another great trip to Cozumel. Good diving, good food, good people and good times.

Thanks for the reports. Hope you have a safe trip back. Perhaps an update on how it went at the airport and in Houston thru customs. I may need to stay at the Marriott next time and would love to hear your thoughts about it as well.

Thanks for the reports. Hope you have a safe trip back. Perhaps an update on how it went at the airport and in Houston thru customs. I may need to stay at the Marriott next time and would love to hear your thoughts about it as well.

I am waiting to board my flight now to Houston. Airport process here in Cozumel is the same as has been, as long as you have your evidence of negative COVID test. When checking in and checking your bags, you submit the test result to the agent, along with your passport. They verify it, give it back to you and print your boarding pass. They will also give you a 1 page health form to fill out that you need to fill out and check off before you get to security. Once at security, they check your boarding pass and take your health questionnaire and then carry on bags get scanned and you are through to the gates.

I stay at the Houston airport Marriott all the time and was just there 10 days ago on my way down to Cozumel. It is super convenient and right inside the airport. There is an underground tram that goes to all of the terminals in the airport and also has a stop for the hotel (which is between gates C and D). Typical Marriott quality and they have a nice restaurant and bar in the lobby. You can get breakfast there starting at 6am. Houston immigration and customs is business as usual. Nothing different.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom