Trip Report Cozumel Trip Report: April 1-10, 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

View attachment 652527

I get it. There is also no chance at this stage of my life that I will get to so many of the places that I would like to. I am grateful for what I have been able to experience. It is a wonderful Planet!

The thought crossed my mind... until 10-20 years ago there was no chance you two would be discussing diving and sharing photos with each other.

I am waiting to board my flight now to Houston. Airport process here in Cozumel is the same as has been, as long as you have your evidence of negative COVID test. When checking in and checking your bags, you submit the test result to the agent, along with your passport. They verify it, give it back to you and print your boarding pass. They will also give you a 1 page health form to fill out that you need to fill out and check off before you get to security. Once at security, they check your boarding pass and take your health questionnaire and then carry on bags get scanned and you are through to the gates.

That's not how it worked for us just last week. New procedure or two options? Upon arrival at airport, we walked in the sliding doors past a person manning a thermal camera and saw a big floor sign to scan QR code to fill out health questionnaire online. After filling it out and submitting, we received a verifaction qr code. Check in agent verified we had done so and they had a coded label on counter to use if you hadn't. When we went through security we handed our passports and our phones opened to the verification code, he scanned it and waved us through.

Safe journey home...tell the wife it was a brutal trip....

That's not how it worked for us just last week. New procedure or two options? Upon arrival at airport, we walked in the sliding doors past a person manning a thermal camera and saw a big floor sign to scan QR code to fill out health questionnaire online. After filling it out and submitting, we received a verifaction qr code. Check in agent verified we had done so and they had a coded label on counter to use if you hadn't. When we went through security we handed our passports and our phones opened to the verification code, he scanned it and waved us through.

Interesting. That wasn't my experience today. I just walked up to the United Premier Access line to check in and check my one bag. She asked to see my COVID test result paperwork, which I handed to her and then she handed it back. She then gave me my boarding pass and a paper form/health questionnaire to fill out. I filled it out and got in the security line and handed it off to the person checking boarding passes before walking through the door to put my carry on luggage on the X-Ray conveyor.

......never have met before!
Thank you internet.
We will meet one of these days-- I am sure of it. All the best to you @Centrals

I never thought I would meet @scubadada in the flesh, but it finally happened. Then I ran into @flyboy08 down in Cozumel last December as well.
Scubaboard is a wonderful community. Maybe I will even run into @ReefHound one of these days. We seem to like to dive and travel to a lot of similar locations.

Well, OK, but there are also plenty of great dive destinations that are much closer to you than they are to me.
So true! @Centrals lives within proximity to some of the best diving on the planet. Let's hope that those countries open back up sometime soon to non-nationals!

Highly unlikely that both Indonesia and Philippines will be accepting tourist any time sooner.

I am pretty sure Mexico diving also has plenty to offer that Asian Pacific cannot provide.

Regrettably I was not around when SB invaded PG few yrs ago.

We will meet one of these days-- I am sure of it. All the best to you @Centrals

I never thought I would meet @scubadada in the flesh, but it finally happened. Then I ran into @flyboy08 down in Cozumel last December as well.
Scubaboard is a wonderful community. Maybe I will even run into @ReefHound one of these days. We seem to like to dive and travel to a lot of similar locations.

Seeing as we just left Coz April 5th, we had 4 nights to meet up and now that I think about it, we are about 10 miles apart tonight. But I am already in sweats and doordash is on it's way so we'll make it happen next trip.

Back
Top Bottom