Reattaching inflator hose at depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It makes it easier if you leave your second stage free flowing for a second while you attach the inflator, just look down and exhale for it to start and look back up to stop the free flow.

If you have an unused LP port on your 1st stage, you can attach a 2nd LP inflator hose (often used for drysuits), and use that to inflate your DSMB instead of detaching/reattaching your BC inflator while managing the DSMB's line and what have you. You can attach a bolt snap to the hose and clip it off on a D-ring or stuff it somewhere to keep it from dangling during the dive....unclip or pull it out to inflate the DSMB and then clip/restuff once you have the DSMB inflated/launched and have your buoyancy under control.

-Z

It makes it easier if you leave your second stage free flowing for a second while you attach the inflator, just look down and exhale for it to start and look back up to stop the free flow.
which second stage free flows when looking down and exhaling? :eek:
Probably needs service. And it doesn't make any sense. Free flow on inhale would be possible if poorly configured.

If you have an unused LP port on your 1st stage, you can attach a 2nd LP inflator hose (often used for drysuits), and use that to inflate your DSMB instead of detaching/reattaching your BC inflator while managing the DSMB's line and what have you. You can attach a bolt snap to the hose and clip it off on a D-ring or stuff it somewhere to keep it from dangling during the dive....unclip or pull it out to inflate the DSMB and then clip/restuff once you have the DSMB inflated/launched and have your buoyancy under control.

-Z
Yep, just like Post #3 said....

What a bunch of over accessorising hooey

full.jpg

Lips can take on many wonderous shapes

Remember when you, were kids

Inflate with your mouth

Good practice for oral inflation because you might need the experience in the future eg. you have to disengage your inflator hose because of eg. automatic inflation.

I would suggest practicing both oral inflation and reconnecting of your inflator hose skills at depth. Practicing both skills can help make you safer and better prepared to resolve some problems that you might encounter.

Another tip I haven’t heard mentioned. I’ve found that hitting the inflate button simultaneously while pushing the hose on also helps. Just be careful to let up on the inflator button immediately once you hear gas flowing.

I too prefer the 2nd hose option. I have a short 9” LP inflation hose on my pony bottle. I always carry my pony when boat diving. If I didn’t I’d add a 2nd hose to my primary regulator as has been mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom