Where Do You Keep Your Spare Mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pockets are for hands!

full.jpg

Right drysuit pocket, don't even realize it's there.

I never needed it but that doesn't mean I never will.

ditto. Haven't lost one or had a strap break (in water) yet. I know we're being wise guys, but seriously I have no place that I could store it on me diving that didn't mean squeezing it in somewhere which may do it damage.

I as playing victim in a rescue class, the instructor dropped mine and his. Only time I've needed it.

OP. Is adding a second pocket on the other leg an option for you?

I have a dedicated mesh spare mask pouch which sits on my waist strap between my right hip D ring and my backplate. I forget it is there most of the time.

I bought the pouch years ago but never used it until I took my Solo and then AN/DP classes where it was required to have a spare mask. After the classes I left it on there as like I said it isn't in the way and I figured better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

The only hassle I have noticed with using a spare mask is that unless you take the time to defog it before every dive, it fogs up continuously after switching underwater.

I have a dedicated mesh spare mask pouch which sits on my waist strap between my right hip D ring and my backplate. I forget it is there most of the time.

I bought the pouch years ago but never used it until I took my Solo and then AN/DP classes where it was required to have a spare mask. After the classes I left it on there as like I said it isn't in the way and I figured better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

The only hassle I have noticed with using a spare mask is that unless you take the time to defog it before every dive, it fogs up continuously after switching underwater.

You could de fog it before every dive.
But it's there for emergencies

You could de fog it before every dive.
But it's there for emergencies

I picked up a trick from my cave instructor. Coat the inside of the lens with toothpaste and let it dry. If you need the mask, pull it out of your pocket, rub off the toothpaste, then put it on, should stay defogged reasonably well.

on my buddy's face where it's easily accessible if needed

Spit my coffee.. lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom