Trip Report Cozumel Trip Report: April 1-10, 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting. That wasn't my experience today. I just walked up to the United Premier Access line to check in and check my one bag. She asked to see my COVID test result paperwork, which I handed to her and then she handed it back. She then gave me my boarding pass and a paper form/health questionnaire to fill out. I filled it out and got in the security line and handed it off to the person checking boarding passes before walking through the door to put my carry on luggage on the X-Ray conveyor.

Maybe the electronic systems were down. It would make sense for them to have a paper process in place for that.

Interesting. That wasn't my experience today. I just walked up to the United Premier Access line to check in and check my one bag. She asked to see my COVID test result paperwork, which I handed to her and then she handed it back. She then gave me my boarding pass and a paper form/health questionnaire to fill out. I filled it out and got in the security line and handed it off to the person checking boarding passes before walking through the door to put my carry on luggage on the X-Ray conveyor.
That was my experience with SW a few weeks ago.

Trailboss123, thanks for the report, I enjoyed reading it a lot. Sounds like you had an amazing trip this spring.
Cheers.

We found a good-sized nurse shark with a remora sitting on top, snuggled up close to a big green moray under an overhang. After a few minutes a watching and picture taking, the nurse shark decided it was time to get out for a cruise south. We followed for a while and then lost here in the distance. About 10 minutes later we saw her again and followed while she led us (at least it seemed like that is what she was doing) to some of her friends. We came over a ridge behind her and then she descended (with remora in tow) under another ledge where she squeezed herself into a shark sandwich with 2 other, even larger nurse sharks, and another massive green moray.

So, there we floated, looking in amazement at 3 nurse sharks and a 7-foot green moray snuggled up like 4 peas in a pod. It was just epic!

Wow. Just, WOW. I've heard of nurse sharks and morays hanging around together, but never gotten close to even seeing two together, much less 3 and a moray. I'll bet that was epic.

Wow. Just, WOW. I've heard of nurse sharks and morays hanging around together, but never gotten close to even seeing two together, much less 3 and a moray. I'll bet that was epic.
I will be extremely happy to see just one nurse shark.
Lucky fellow!

Not a lot of dive boats out and no one seems to be running afternoon dives at the moment, just not enough demand.

Nice trip report.

For the record, we run daily afternoon boats departing at 1:30. Coincidently, the day of your OP (April 4) we had 3 boats depart at 1:30pm. Duing your April 1 - 10 stay we sent out afternoon boats every day except April 2 when the habror was closed. Just a mental note for next time should you desire some afternoon dives.

That was our experience Sunday with AA in CZM.

Nice trip report.

For the record, we run daily afternoon boats departing at 1:30. Coincidently, the day of your OP (April 4) we had 3 boats depart at 1:30pm. Duing your April 1 - 10 stay we sent out afternoon boats every day except April 2 when the habror was closed. Just a mental note for next time should you desire some afternoon dives.
Thanks @Sloeber - I really appreciate knowing that - next time for sure.

Nothing to do so I checked the schedule from HKG to CZM.
JAL with Continent return economy fare is ~US$1,100.00 and the outbound leg takes just over 57hrs (NRT, LAX, DFW)!!!!
JAL with AA is a bit more expensive at US$1,250 but a lot quicker at just under 37hrs (NRT and DFW only).

If Thailand is NOT available this winter.....? I might have to eat my word! LOL.
I have not paid over US$500.00 just for an air fare since my trip to Cocos Island yrs ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom