Coltri MCH6 runtime

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine is something like 70 hours and one year old. I don’t care how fast it pumps, I’m in no hurry as long as I can get my two tanks filled by the next weekend. Would like something quieter and without the CO fumes. Otherwise, it’s great. I think it gets 2-3 tanks per tank of gas.

It’s nice not having to get the bogus visual inspection just to get someone else to fill my steel tanks.

I have mine, an electric model, 11 years. It has filled Nitrox 40% and Helium in that time as well as topping up an airbank. The oniy issue I experienced running it for more than an hour, has been over heating the capacitors in the switch box. Twice I did this when filling the airbank, after about 80 minutes or so they just packed it in and I had to replace them each time. And thats it, the only issue with it after 11 years. A rough rule of thumb that I adhere to now is that I give it a break after an hour of running and there has been no more overheating switch boxes.

I often run mine for 2 or 3 hours only stopping it to refuel, filling up to 10 tanks some to 300bar.

I am imagining in the UK its not especially hot. 10-12C?

@Curious_George
@Edward3c Thanks. Anything you wish you'd known or done differently? Would you buy another one? How many hours have you put into yours?

I am imagining it New Mexico it is much hotter than the UK? Maybe 25+C?

Temperature and oil breakdown in that tiny splash lubricating sump is going to accelerate in a bad way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom