Thank you for 19 years!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi,

Wishing you the best on your new adventures! As someone who has worked with teens for over 20 years (in a different setting), I agree the work we do is so important! Thank you for choosing to go this route.

Just back a week ago from a week diving with ScubaTony. Love diving with them. Though I didn’t get to dive off Shamu I saw it most days and was a bit jealous to try it. Dove with Miguel on all our dives and had a great time.

Take care and best wishes!

Good on ya, Christi, and thanks for all your contributions to ScubaBoard and the dive community on Cozumel. The one thing I don't understand is why in the world anyone who grew up in south central Texas and lived in the Caribbean for 19 years would want to live in Minnesota! :D

Well, maybe in July and August...

Nobody could have predicted where Covid would be taking us. Large & small businesses including famous ones are closing or have already closed here in Canada & right now we're in more trouble than ever before with the spread of Covid. To go back to the beginning I heard on the local news to stock up on food, especially frozen vegetable because we might have to survive 2 weeks without groceries. My wife thought I was crazy to suggest she pick up so many groceries. It's still ruining businesses world wide, killing people & destroying the economy in many countries.
As for you & your studies, GREAT JOB, and I wish you nothing but great success on this path. Drugs are another epidemic around the world, and that's another war that needs winning. Stay strong & know that we appreciate what you've already accomplished & how you treated your employees & customers, me included as your new adventure begins.

Well, damn, Christy ! I had no idea (I just now stumbled across this thread, and haven't checked the forum in a while. )
I dont know you, beyond casual paths-crossings here on the forum, but this really bummed me out, as I can totally relate, having also bailed on a life on the isla myself years ago, and having since come to regret it. Also, I didnt realize you started in '02, I was still there at least a couple more years after that, I wonder if we ever ran into each other.
Anyway, good luck (especially with Minnesota, LOL! :D ).
M.

Congratulations on your big transition, and with getting close to the finish line on your degree. There's a great need for addiction counseling.
And if I may insert a bit of humor, you'll be perfectly equipped to counsel all of us SCUBA addicts who've been dealing with withdrawal for so many months!

Congratulations on your big transition, and with getting close to the finish line on your degree. There's a great need for addiction counseling.
And if I may insert a bit of humor, you'll be perfectly equipped to counsel all of us SCUBA addicts who've been dealing with withdrawal for so many months!

hahaha! Actually - SCUBA withdrawal and SCUBA Addiction may be a counseling niche, especially since it can be done virtually now - haha!

Well, damn, Christy ! I had no idea (I just now stumbled across this thread, and haven't checked the forum in a while. )
I dont know you, beyond casual paths-crossings here on the forum, but this really bummed me out, as I can totally relate, having also bailed on a life on the isla myself years ago, and having since come to regret it. Also, I didnt realize you started in '02, I was still there at least a couple more years after that, I wonder if we ever ran into each other.
Anyway, good luck (especially with Minnesota, LOL! :D ).
M.

Mark - I definitely remember meeting you a few times at the calling station - I was a regular there. I was actually on the island full time for almost a year before I started my shop and I was doing photography for a few different shops so I used to get off the boat, drop my film off at FUJI (I think that's what it was called) and then check e-mails at your place while I was waiting for the photos to be developed. I also rented space with Roli on the Yellow Rose on bad weather days or when I would have a big group - I seem to remember you being on the boat at least one of those occasions :)

And for those of you teasing me about Minnesota - I actually LOVE it - when you're a woman of my age and having your own random "personal summers", the cooler weather is like heaven! Haha! Aside from the current dramas of the most recent civilian death and protests, and the Chauvin trial - it really is a great place to live!

wow, sorry to hear Christi.

It's been a while since i have been in cozumel. How is Arturo, and can you post where he is working now? I am coming back this summer and would like to dive with him if possible. I always enjoyed his style.

wow, sorry to hear Christi.

It's been a while since i have been in cozumel. How is Arturo, and can you post where he is working now? I am coming back this summer and would like to dive with him if possible. I always enjoyed his style.

Arturo is working freelance
Pedro is retired mostly but has told me that he will freelance on special occasions only when he feels like it
Martin is with ScubaTony
Edwin is with Punta Sur Divers
Nivo is with ScubaTony

Thanks for the update on who's where. Wishing all of you great success in your new paths.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom