Drysuit Diving What do you need...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure what parts you have but I think it's a must to have a shut off valve. This is the one I have...

Quick Disconnect 5/16" Single Shut Off - Motion Pro

I have one like this. I'm on the fence about whether I'm going to keep it installed. I've had the release button get pushed accidentally, disconnecting me without my knowledge. Not pleasant, so be warned....

5. (10) Acetal Quick-Disconnect Coupling Plug [5012K72]
6. (2) Acetal Quick-Disconnect Coupling Socket [5012K68]

I have one like this. I'm on the fence about whether I'm going to keep it installed. I've had the release button get pushed accidentally, disconnecting me without my knowledge. Not pleasant, so be warned....

I ordered the part numbers in the other quoted post. But it looks almost exactly the same.

Oh ok, I'm not sure what could accidentally push in a flush button but thanks for the heads up.

I know, me neither!! But now I'm paranoid....

How do you guys carry your undergarments onto the boat? Assuming that it is too hot to wear until just before the dive.
Have never been bothered with the latter. Drive to site wearing undergarments (and receiving odd looks when you stop at a convenience store to buy a Coke and a couple chocolades), suit up and sit in the boat wearing the DS with a closed zipper. Because it takes some 15 kg to sink me, so if the boat capsizes I'm gonna float high and pretty dry. Too bad about my rig, my weight belt and my camera gear if that happens, though.

@Manatee Diver did you ever settle on a undergarment configuration? How did your decision change for your Mexico cave trips?

@Manatee Diver did you ever settle on a undergarment configuration? How did your decision change for your Mexico cave trips?

I haven't been to Mexico yet, I am hoping very soon.

But yes Florida caves I am running the arctics, sometimes I overheat if I am overworking but I am completely comfortable other wise. Mexico I will probably run the Xerotherms.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom