I want to be fit & trim - but HATE exercising!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ride! If not outside, then on my trainer in a theater room where I’ll watch a movie of 1:30 or so duration. During the week while at my work desk, I get up every 45 past the hour and do 20/20/1min....20 push-ups, 20/sit-ups and a one minute plank. Do that 5-7 times daily and your going to see rapid results. Every other day I hit the gym for a body specific weight regime.

20/20/1min folks...and mix it up weekly. Call it body by Flyboy:wink:

Keep it simple.

Burn more calories than you intake. Simple math.

There is no greater self motivation than 1/4" squares on a sheet of graph paper with a 45 degree diagonal line drawn, then taped infront of your bathroom scale for you to place a dot on each morning. Ohh yea and zero alcohol for 60 days.
Try it..........

You're the second one to mention those empty liquid calories - soda/pop, alcohol. I have noticed that if I say 'no' to alcohol for a couple of weeks I lose a couple of pounds. And the reality is that alcohol is a central nervous system depressant, so it's not good for our mood anyway. But in the moment ... a nice glass of madeira or port is so yummy!

My husband had some heart issues a couple of years ago and we totally revamped how we eat and started the 2 miles a day. We don't eat much of anything that is clearly bad for us. Lots of fish - and I mean LOTS of fish - some chicken, some pork, and on occasion some beef. Lots of veggies and rice, with air fried fries for a treat (including ketchup - yes, I know it's mostly sugar - that's why it tastes good).

For the first year after we started this 'new way of life' we used myfitnesspal - then Roger switched to loseit. It's pretty cool. It has a scanner built into the app so you can point it at the packaging for whatever you're eating so it can read the bar code and tell you all the micronutrients. Bottom line, burn more calories than you eat and you lose weight. Roger also wanted to keep close tabs on the sodium for heart health, and using those apps has helped a lot. He gets good checkups at the cardiologist - who now says he doesn't need to do a stress test because 'you're already doing a stress test every time you dive'.

Tequila...lowest alchohol calories for the buck

You're the second one to mention those empty liquid calories - soda/pop, alcohol. I have noticed that if I say 'no' to alcohol for a couple of weeks I lose a couple of pounds. And the reality is that alcohol is a central nervous system depressant, so it's not good for our mood anyway. But in the moment ... a nice glass of madeira or port is so yummy!
I had 96 kg in the beginning of 2020.
I just stopped drinking soda or other high calorie drinks, expect on weekends. Or if I were out with friends(jeah that did not happen very often..).

I lost 16 kg(around 32 lb) in 3 months.
I did not change my eating habits or doing more or less sport.

Since then I stopped eating meat on weekdays. But on weekend I drink soda and eat whatever I want.
Lost some more kg.. And I feel way healthier and more fit.

Soda /alcohol drinks are really bad

Tequila...lowest alchohol calories for the buck

Are you sure it's not vodka? I'd have to research this one. I'm pondering 'agave' versus 'potato' - which would have fewer calories? Someone told me that your body recognizes alcohol as sugar in your system. I'll bet someone here knows the science on that one.

Another goal is to be able to comfortably swing my bag to the overhead compartment without worrying that I'll hit someone or crumple under the weight of my bag because I'm such a weakling. I see two ways of fixing that one. Pack lighter or work on my arms (and maybe back?). Perhaps I should do both?

I had 96 kg in the beginning of 2020.
I just stopped drinking soda or other high calorie drinks, expect on weekends. Or if I were out with friends(jeah that did not happen very often..).

I lost 16 kg(around 32 lb) in 3 months.
I did not change my eating habits or doing more or less sport.

Since then I stopped eating meat on weekdays. But on weekend I drink soda and eat whatever I want.
Lost some more kg.. And I feel way healthier and more fit.

Soda /alcohol drinks are really bad

You must be male - only men lose weight that fast! Other than water, the only liquid I consume is my morning coffee (with stevia and 2% milk) and then a glass of wine 3 times a week. I'm not generally drinking my calories. But I know this is great advice. My ex went to a nutritionist to lose weight and she asked him how many Cokes he drank every day and he told her TEN. She had him cut it down to one a day and the weight just melted off him.

I hate exercising with a passion. Two years ago I finally got tired of the extra weight I was carrying around. I began walking a few times each week and went on a 1200 calorie diet for a month. I lost ten pounds the first week, thirty the first month, and finally fifty pounds overall. Walking was taking up a lot of my time, so eventually, I bought a bike. I still walk about thirty miles a month and make long bike rides. I've managed to keep the weight off, even after going back to eating poorly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom