I want to be fit & trim - but HATE exercising!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm 67, my wife is 68. We've been exercising 6+ days per week forever. Our exercise has changed. Our aerobic exercise has been an elliptical trainer for many years now. We have a weight machine and do weights 3-4 days per week. We walk our dog a couple miles a day, regardless of conditions. We have a 40 foot lap pool we use nearly every day from May through September. We both do OK, better than many our age. I am a very active solo diver in SE FL and am still able to easily do very aggressive dives. I am very grateful.

Yes I am a man. Sorry for posting in the Woman thread, but I thought this is a unisex advice :D

But if you are not drinking the calories, there is only sport and less eating left..

For loosing weigth. It's better to fokus on your meals. It's hard to loose weigth just by work outs.

It's not much that needs to change.
Just 10% less on the table and it works wonders :D

Wish u all the best.

Yes I am a man. Sorry for posting in the Woman thread, but I thought this is a unisex advice :D

But if you are not drinking the calories, there is only sport and less eating left..

For loosing weigth. It's better to fokus on your meals. It's hard to loose weigth just by work outs.

It's not much that needs to change.
Just 10% less on the table and it works wonders :D

Wish u all the best.
It's 3500 calories per pound, for me that's about 2 1/2 hours on my elliptical trainer, 5 days.

It's 3500 calories per pound, for me that's about 2 1/2 hours on my elliptical trainer, 5 days.
That's 12.5 hours, compared to a really big Mcdonald meal :D (OK maybe 2 haha)

If course the most efficient way and best for your health is to do workouts and eat healthy. But that's not really new information i guess :D

Are you sure it's not vodka? I'd have to research this one. I'm pondering 'agave' versus 'potato' - which would have fewer calories? Someone told me that your body recognizes alcohol as sugar in your system. I'll bet someone here knows the science on that one.
Agave has no sugar, hence no hangover...

I sense you've had different results? Is there a story?
No difference between tequiila and other liquors, alcohol is alcohol

Hangover may be due to other factors than just the alcohol

No difference between tequiila and other liquors, alcohol is alcohol

Hangover may be due to other factors than just the alcohol

Ok. Good to know. On my way to have a much anticipated margarita. Hasta luego!

Back
Top Bottom