From Italy to Middle East

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes

Abu Dhabi is of course my local race, easy to get to

The New Jeddah one in Saudi is 2 weeks before it, and hoping to pop over to that one too, since its little effort and marginal cost

I wish i could watch it there, the Abu Dhabi track is one of my favorites!

Guess ill have to stick to LIVE TV haha

Thanks all,

Unfortunately both Jedda and Asia are currently closed. Sharm is fairly close and, being my first time there

Stefano, Zanzibar from Dubai.
A friend dived there a couple of months ago.

But the only issue, for me, is that majority of dive centers only do two dives a day.

This may not be an issue since you will have company. When I travel for diving, I like to do at least four dives a day.

Sure, I could read a book, sun bathe, take a walk, or whatever at one pm after the second and last dive of the day.

But I prefer not to. I can do all those things at home.

The two reasons for two dives a day in Zanzibar are it being more of a resort-destination than a dive-destination and because of the daily low tide which hinders most dive centers from launching the boat from the shore.
My friend said most days, on return after two dives, they'd dock at the harbor and then take a minibus back to the hotel.

In the meantime, the east coast (from Fujairah all the way up to Dibba) is only a casual two point five hours from Abu Dhabi.

Back
Top Bottom