Perdix - No Comms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hedonist222

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello everyone

Suddenly, my perdix AI started flashing NO COMMS during a dive.

Albeit intermittently but frequently - but this is something new.

I've had two perdix uniuts. My initial perdix never did this (about 80 dives). This unit had an issue and got (pleasantly/effortlessly) replaced by Shearwater. The current unit also has about 80 dives on it.

But the past fifteen dives, its frequently flashing NO COMMS.

I check my dive computer every 10 to 15 minutes during a dive - so rather often.

The only variable is the addition of a spare cylinder thats mounted on my primary tank (see photographs).

I usually wear my perdix on my left wrist.

Do you think the added cylinder on my left is interfering with the signal?
Other than a new BCD (from hydros pro to xdeep zen deluxe), there are no other material variables.

I am on the latest firmware and replaced the battery a month ago (although it was 75% full).

20210415_105531-01.jpeg
20210415_105541-01.jpeg

easier solution is do a dive with the computer on your right wrist. if the problem goes away then you have your answer.

Jap the distance is to far and to much metal in the way.

Using the computer right would probably fix it. And its easier to use,but that's kinda personal.

I have my dive light on my right wrist (goodman style handle) - the wire that protrudes from the light gets in the way of the DC if on same wrist.
I am also used to glancing at my left wrist.
Also, in the even of an emergency, I am more likely to use my right hand to do anything (exchange second stages, hold a DSMB, use a line cutter) - leaving me to be able to glance at DC on left wrist if need be (to monitor pressure/depth/ascent rate).

Just easier to move the transmitter to the left.

Transmitter battery?

no, I replaced that a month ago (even though it was at 75%)

emailed Shearwater and as usual - near instant response
suggesting that the additional tank may be interfering and the manual says to position the transmitter on the same side of the DC wrist

I never had an issue with it being on the right and my DC on the left

but maybe the spare cylinder and corresponding first stage are causing some interference

will know soon

in the meantime, switched transmitter to left

Back
Top Bottom