Box for save a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Five different save-a-dive kits, from minimalist to maximalist.
Only the Tiny one is waterproof; small is water-resistant.
Tiny: goes with me on a day boat. Minimal spares (o-rings, mouthpieces), minimal tools (adjustable wrench, multi-tools)
Small: goes with me if I fly to a liveaboard. Spares for critical gear, essential tools.
Medium: goes with me if I fly to a resort. Spares I can't get locally, essential tools.
Large: goes with me if I drive to a resort. Spares for everything, essential tools.
X-Large: goes with me if I drive to go cave diving. Spares and tools for everything.

After years of toting around a small fishing tackle box I've gone to 3 separate heavy duty zip lock bags. One has replacement parts like mask straps, etc. Another has tools. The third has expendables like o-rings (which are in a weekly medicine container.) The three zip lock bags fit easily into my dive bag pocket.

Now that's smart couv!

After years, of building a beautiful blue padded cordura camera bag, and filling it
with two medium tackle things and two small ones in the side pouches it remains
Completely empty!

Never lost a dive except for when my head wasn't feelin it!

I use my Deep 6 Dry Box. I added a "yard sign" from Lowes that I cut to make divider pieces, then secured them together with bobby pins.

full.jpg

full.jpg

I use a US military ammo can of the below size.View attachment 652964

It can easily accommodate all the tools and metal hardware (spare D rings, weight stops, rebreather calibration kit etc) and I just use 3 small plastic organizers (that also fit in the ammo can) for more fragile stuff and o-rings. I have been using it for 15 years and I would never switch to other tool box. I got some for my cave diving buddies and they all love it as well. Another good thing is that it has a rubber gasket on the lid that makes it waterproof, so don't have to worry about water splashing on the boat or rain. You can get those online very cheap or if you have a buddy in the military might be even for free. If you don't like the green color, just spend another 3 bucks on a spray paint to turn it whatever color you like.

VR

Roland

Just don't grab the wrong Army surplus ammo can when you leave for a diving trip. (You won't be able to save a dive if your save-a-dive kit is filled with 125 gr. .357 Sig Underwood GD and loaded Sig Sauer P229 magazines! As an example.)

rx7diver

Just don't grab the wrong Army surplus ammo can when you leave for a diving trip. (You won't be able to save a dive if your save-a-dive kit is filled with 125 gr. .357 Sig Underwood GD and loaded Sig Sauer P229 magazines! As an example.)

rx7diver
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to barter ammo of any type for whatever you may need.

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to barter ammo of any type for whatever you may need.

Ha! At the current crazy ammo prices, I might be able to barter my Ammo can for the entire dive boat! All of this is hypothetical, of course, and meant to be in jest!

I use Pelicans.

1550 for my main kit.
1300 for my mini kit.

I use my Deep 6 Dry Box. I added a "yard sign" from Lowes that I cut to make divider pieces, then secured them together with bobby pins.

That's a slick setup! I really like the corrugated plastic organizer. (And the DGX sticker, I have it on my drybox and gear box too)

rx7diver

Especially if flying! Yikes! But I would certainly help save your dive in exchange for the Underwood... heck, I might even buy your dives for the weekend in exchange :D
:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom