Dry glove systems for DUI Zip Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been using the Viking pullover rings with my newish DUI FLX Extreme with silicone zipseals. Only drawback is the gloves I've tried have fingers much too long for my fingers. I have small hands. The milsurp gloves I'm currently using have fingers at least 1" too long. OK once underwater, but bad when gearing up SM. The extra gets caught between inflator valves and hoses and caught in bolt snap gates. Grrrrr.

The blue smurf gloves size medium fit me well. I had decent dexterity. To give you an idea of my hand size, I'm currently using Fourth Element G1 neoprene glove liners in XS. Also open to using nitrile gloves.

I'm considering switching to another glove system. The Rolock caught my eye from this thread from last year. Rolock dry glove system review and modification It's twist on system, which is the big attraction. Just noticed they're out of stock at DGX.

I had the Waterproof Ultima on my old Fusion. I didn't have the hand strength to lock the gloves on myself (I've since talked to a number of women who had the same issue) and the rings limited my wrist mobility, which I need more of when gear up SM. But they were nice and dry.

What other dry glove systems can be used with zip seals? I know Kubi, as I found a video of that on YouTube. How are the Kubis when locking them on?

Rolock for sure!
You want the 90 or the rolock 3?

@divezonescuba sells them all, since you don’t want to buy them from outside of the US.

I decided to go with Kubi. The rings are less bulky, width wise than the Rolock. And I'm breaking my "order from the US only" mindset, because the Kubi appear to be out of stock in the US. Going rate in the US seems to be $300ish. I'm getting the Kubi 80mm set with 3 pairs of spare gloves for about $250, including shipping.

Rolock 90 work great. I have been testing a set that Rolock sent me. They integrate with the Si-Tech oval system. The Rolock 3 is designed to mount on glued in latex seals but the glove/cuff ring interface is relatively the same.

There is also the Waterproof Ultima Push-Pull add on if you can find, it supposedly makes pressing the Ultima DGS together and prying them apart easier....have no idea how it works but may have my hands on a set tomorrow.

-Z

Kubi set comes Wednesday. Woke up to an email with the DHL Express tracking number. Surprised it’s so fast. As it’s under $800, the US Customs section 321 regulation applies and so it should be duty free.

Just fyi, you will want to change out the stock gloves for a pair of showas- the stock gloves conduct heat and tear easily. It's a bit finnicky to install showas on the rings the first time, but if you PM me I can give you some tips.

If you ever dive in warm places or don't want to use drygloves, you can swap your zipseals out for a spare set without the rings on them.

My rolock is less bulky than my kubi. Also the kubi came off at bad times. I would highly recommend rolock.

My rolock is less bulky than my kubi. Also the kubi came off at bad times. I would highly recommend rolock.

You’re late. Already ordered. A large number of gals on an all-.female tech diving FB group highly recommended them. They mainly had the 70mm and 80mm rings. I ordered the 80. If something is going to be too bulky, women with our smaller hands and wrists would really notice it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom