Dry glove systems for DUI Zip Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m shocked. My Kubi system just delivered. It was originally due tomorrow, but I got a notification this morning it was out for delivery. Just shipped from the UK yesterday!

The standard gloves fit me well on finger length, with no liner underneath. Gloves might be a bit snug with liners, but I’ll try when I get home (delivered to the office). I love that they came with gloves already loaded on the rings! :D

That’s a nice bonus!

I’m shocked. My Kubi system just delivered. It was originally due tomorrow, but I got a notification this morning it was out for delivery. Just shipped from the UK yesterday!

The standard gloves fit me well on finger length, with no liner underneath. Gloves might be a bit snug with liners, but I’ll try when I get home (delivered to the office). I love that they came with gloves already loaded on the rings! :D

yeah definitely good service. just keep in mind those gloves don’t insulate particularly well and puncture easily.

Got home and tried the gloves with my FE neoprene liners. No go. Too tight. Pulled out the FE fleece liners. Sort of tight, but they go on fine if I go slowly. Can't use the FE wrist warmers. No room. I'll have to go back to using a piece of bungee to equalize my gloves. I have some other gloves on order from Zoro.

Now I get to install the suit side rings. Found a video online about installing it on zip seals, but what a bunch of BS. One, I'm not taking my seals off the suit. Two, seems way overly complicated.

Is the outer ring with the KUBI brand name on it supposed to lock down? I've got the little edge facing up and it doesn't stay locked down. It just sort of sits on top.

No, the Kubi branded ring can spin around.

Jesus Christ, was that a major pain in the arse. Finally done. Much cursing. I’m off to bed. My thumbs are sore as hell.

I was also shorted two of the thick O rings to secure the suit side ring. Have to email to get them.

I followed the instructions of one video (by 50 Feet Under) to not out the suit side ring right next to the sleeve, but further out to not restrict movement. So that’s why mine are where they are. One ended up somewhat crooked after struggling to get the thick O ring on, but I’m not going to change it. Couldn’t get the O ring off when I tried. Should be OK.

E249E6EA-5655-4805-A64A-3D63161F55F0.jpeg

I was also shorted two of the thick O rings to secure the suit side ring. Have to email to get them.

I followed the instructions of one video (by 50 Feet Under) to not out the suit side ring right next to the sleeve, but further out to not restrict movement. So that’s why mine are where they are. One ended up somewhat crooked after struggling to get the thick O ring on, but I’m not going to change it. Couldn’t get the O ring off when I tried. Should be OK.

View attachment 654685
I think you’ll find it much easier to both install and readjust with the gloves detached. You may end up increasing stress on the seals between the Zip cuff and the ring, whereas the ring snugged to the cuff reduces stress on the seal and reduces exposed seal. This is particularly advantageous when you’re trying to push your hands between tanks or anything else when there are increased chances of tearing that section of seal. The impact of a torn glove is dampened by the wrist seal. If it happens north of the seal (the exposed area between Kubi suit ring and Zip cuff), you’re pretty shafted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom