Indonesia: Bali set to welcome tourists in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as we know now, vaccinated people can still be infected and transmit the virus.
What is your point then?
I assume your whole family won't be taken the injection just to prove your point.

What is your point then?
I assume your whole family won't be taken the injection just to prove your point.
My point was that I do not understand the logic behind vaccinating young workers in tourism before the older and more vulnerable people receive their shots. I am almost 64, and happy I got my first AstraZeneca shot this morning.

As far as we know now, vaccinated people can still be infected and transmit the virus.
As far as the latest Israel studies conclude, only very marginally with minimal virus load with the virus variants we know, thanks to the mRNA vaccines it seems infection is prevented or hardly transmittable since viral load would be reduced down to 95%.
As for variants go there are some discovered every week, two weeks ago there was a french britton variant anounced : every country wants his own, it would almost be a national disgrace if a UN country can't baptize their own COVID Variant.
Advancing into that pandemic it seems people try to find other reasons for panicking at some eventualliies yet there are some good news. If everybody wait until they get a 100% protection from a vaccine, then we're not out for a few decades... Although on a personal status, I am doubled vaccined with Pfizer BNT and feel I am no longer a threat to anyone else.

Can a vaccinated person still spread coronavirus?

As far as the latest Israel studies conclude, only very marginally with minimal virus load with the virus variants we know, thanks to the mRNA vaccines it seems infection is prevented or hardly transmittable since viral load would be reduced down to 95%.
As for variants go there are some discovered every week, two weeks ago there was a french britton variant anounced : every country wants his own, it would almost be a national disgrace if a UN country can't baptize their own COVID Variant.
Advancing into that pandemic it seems people try to find other reasons for panicking at some eventualliies yet there are some good news. If everybody wait until they get a 100% protection from a vaccine, then we're not out for a few decades... Although on a personal status, I am doubled vaccined with Pfizer BNT and feel I am no longer a threat to anyone else.

Can a vaccinated person still spread coronavirus?
Unfortunately in many countries the people do not have access to the mRNA vaccines. Anyway, until there are more peer reviewed studies it is much safer if everybody assume they can still be infected and transmit.

1. Planned amid a MARKED DECLINE.....
2. No body know the answer.

DREAM. Read #3

You ought to check what Thailand has done so far instead of listening to some official's dream.

A new kind of long stay visa

Read that and you might learn something from reality.

Check how Thailand is doing these days (now - not last month) and see yourself how dangerous opening tourism under these conditions can be:
upload_2021-4-20_13-10-33.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-4-20_13-1-58.png
    upload_2021-4-20_13-1-58.png
    75 KB · Views: 49
  • upload_2021-4-20_13-4-0.png
    upload_2021-4-20_13-4-0.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 49
I have been following this.
The spike around Dec and Jan was caused by migrant workers from Burma.
The present one was caused by Thai celebration the New Year and then spread to other provinces.
No tourist will be allowed into the Kingdom if they cannot fulfill the tough entry requirement.
Australia and New Zealand has just started the "travel bubble" between them.
USA divers are diving in Cozumel and Honduras etc.
Palau are letting in Taiwanese tourist group.
Maldives are opened and there are plenty other examples.

If Thailand can suppress the present spike over next couple of wks then the projected 3rd phase could be implemented in July. Otherwise......

Phuket News: Phuket Opinion: The July 1 dilemma

But Bali has NO chance to open in June.

Corona Statistics Indonesia - Bali.com
42,000 case in Bali alone.

Thailand COVID: 45,185 Cases and 108 Deaths - Worldometer
45,185 for WHOLE Thailand

Thailand provincial figures for Monday's Covid cases | Thaiger
18 new cases for Phuket yesterday.

Half of Indonesia’s COVID-19 red zones are in Bali, task force says | Coconuts Bali

The present one was caused by Thai celebration the New Year and then spread to other provinces.
No tourist will be allowed into the Kingdom if they cannot fulfill the tough entry requirement.

If Thailand can suppress the present spike over next couple of wks then the projected 3rd phase could be implemented in July. Otherwise......

45,185 for WHOLE Thailand.

Half of Indonesia’s COVID-19 red zones are in Bali, task force says | Coconuts Bali
Now what is your point then? What can Indonesia learn from Thailand in your opinion? Indonesia and Thailand are completely different countries. And both again incomparable with the Maldives. Just out of interest, is the key of your exclamation mark finally broken ? :wink:

45,185 for WHOLE Thailand

Some update: Thailand battles third coronvirus wave as bars forced to close - CNN Video

Back
Top Bottom