Any firefighters here that might be able to help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghost95

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Morning all.

I'm working over seas with some really green crew. During our fire drills and training they manage to blowout the o-ring in our Scott SCBA's with surprising regularity. Long story about not letting all the pressure out of the line before changing tanks...anyway.

The o-rings from Scott are pretty expensive and hard to get shipped down here so I was wondering if you fire fighters (or anyone else) had the specs for these o-rings so that I can just get a bunch instead of singles.

The o-rings are Part# 57264-00 from Scott and they're calling them "Gasket, Nipple Seal". They just look like a standard urethane o-ring but I don't know if they're proprietary or not.

Thanks for any help you can give.

I'm working over seas with some really green crew. During our fire drills and training they manage to blowout the o-ring in our Scott SCBA's with surprising regularity. Long story about not letting all the pressure out of the line before changing tanks...anyway.

I am sure you have already thought about this - but training and re-training on the packs are important. I have 55 guys under me and I have never seen the o-rings blow out. Yes they may be doing it but they need to stop for obvious reasons. Try drilling with them or train the trainer and enforce the procedures... Good luck with the above o-rings...

I am sure you have already thought about this - but training and re-training on the packs are important. I have 55 guys under me and I have never seen the o-rings blow out. Yes they may be doing it but they need to stop for obvious reasons. Try drilling with them or train the trainer and enforce the procedures... Good luck with the above o-rings...
Yep, you're right of course. Having the same people coming through rotation would be nice but we get new guys every hitch. That being said they are all eager to please and after demonstrating how to change a tank they all say they know how.... Pop. There goes another o-ring.

We spend allot of time on this and launching a rescue boat. It's always interesting .

Back
Top Bottom