Force Fin Designs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aren't you a bit gloomy on that one ? I'd have said an archaeology dig...
Maybe a grave yard would fill the bill. Very depressing to be pulling out years of Force Fin designs and not sure what to do with it all. And then other designs like Camera systems I made before Fins...and maybe push it all into a big hole for a archaeology dig?

Attachments

• camera-bob.jpg
    camera-bob.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 72
Found several boxes of early Force Fin drawings. I used a plug made from inside my Jet Fin. At that time I thought the foot pocket part was going to be easy. Later I changed the foot pocket design to the Open Toe. .This drawing is working out how to hold the inside plug within the two other mold half's. In front of 28 Anacapa Street La Mer Bleu Productions office. My first Urethane Force Fin 1974. You can see the wood dowels holding it all together.
foot-pocket.jpg

Attachments

• bob-force-fw.jpg
    bob-force-fw.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 58
4-11-85 drawing of adjustment of wings for a swim fin. (copyright Bob Evans Designs Inc.)
Scan_20210418-(9).jpg-fw.jpg
This rod slipped under the foot pocket.

While working on a Force Fin Mono fin, I had to find a way to move the flexible wing into the right position. Made a fiberglass turtle shell with a way to hold and move the wing. Holding the Turtle shell in my hands I worked myself backwards. At one point I flew across our home pool. Afterwards I made and Patented the Mono Force Fin designed from early testing. Such a small market, I never went further. Have 2
Scan_20210418-(14)-fw.jpg
pair to sell.

Attachments

• IMG_4279.jpg-fw.jpg
    IMG_4279.jpg-fw.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 51
Cross section varied so I could balance the flexing zones. Bob Evans Designs Inc.
Scan_20210418-(8)-fw.jpg

Falling a sleep with this SB group. Stopped supporting the creep of FB, so it looks like reaching out on media outlets is gone.
20200830_203654.jpg-fw.jpg
20200830_203654.jpg-fw.jpg

:rofl3:

A step towards learning about Water flow direction and first Vortex Generators. Several pairs to sell. Adjustable foot pocket Patented Design. Super Powerful Force Fin.
55-adj-excell-1.jpg

Attachments

• Scan_20210424-(5)-fw.jpg
    Scan_20210424-(5)-fw.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Scan_20210424-(6)-fw.jpg
    Scan_20210424-(6)-fw.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 42
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom