Atomic Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxE

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a few questions about Atomic Regs I’m hoping I can get answered. I have both a DIN and Yoke 1st stage. I want to be able to swap them back and forth. What are the torque specs for the yoke nut and form the alien bolt on the DIN. What is the alien size, metric and standard can be very close and brass is soft.

Thanks in advance.

Untitled.jpg

This should help your cause.

I wouldn't think the torque is very critical. If you're going to go back and forth I'd go " snug + ".

DIN: removal/replacement
• Unscrew the DIN nipple with a 1/4" hex wrench from the body.
• Reassemble with same tool and torque to 33 FT.-LBS.
Beneath the o-ring at the bottom of the nipple is a small washer and the filter. Make sure all these parts are in place during reassembly. The o-ring does not require lubrication.

DIN: removal/replacement
• Unscrew the DIN nipple with a 1/4" hex wrench from the body.
• Reassemble with same tool and torque to 33 FT.-LBS.
Beneath the o-ring at the bottom of the nipple is a small washer and the filter. Make sure all these parts are in place during reassembly. The o-ring does not require lubrication.
Don’t take offense but may I ask where you got torque figures ?

Above (post 3 or 4) is a document stating 21 FT lbs. both seem extremely high to me especially when my torque wrench does not go above 240 inch pounds or 20 FT pounds. I’m no engineer but am familiar enough with a torque wrench I would have guessed far less and would have believed 120 in lbs/ 10 ft lbs.

@MaxE :

@Open Ocean Diver , torque specification is correct. However, the repair instructions reference date from 2003. The repair instructions that date from 2005 changed to 21ft / lb. If someone has the most recent file and can update us, that would be great.

Maybe the 2005 has been revised to revert back to 33ft/lb. I've uploaded the two relevant pages of each version.

2003 Repair.jpg 2005 Repair.jpg

@MaxE , I'm with you on this 33ft/lb is quite a lot of force. Most lug nuts on cars are torqued to 75-80 ft/lb.

O.

Back
Top Bottom