UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dibba rock *2.

Did take the risk of getting murdered when asking about the strange (to me) focus on Nudies

Was told to report back when I had 1500 dives in tropical waters - never gonna happen, I'm not that blessed

Did take the risk of getting murdered when asking about the strange (to me) focus on Nudies

You'll find nudies in Norway too, they're not restricted to tropical waters

You'll find nudies in Norway too, they're not restricted to tropical waters

I know, I frequently dive with people using magnifying glasses, they were perfect buddies for practicing prior to rec trimix course:) (and, they happen to be great, related people in the water)
It just makes more sense to me diving for nudies in Norway, as in tropical waters there's so much spectacular life to see, why bother with stuff thats needs a camera/magnifying glass.

Guess I just developed the urge for wrecks/caves instead:)

First wet dive this year, still 23C on the bottom but a nice 26/27 on the deco / safety stop.

Bought a new Waterproof W7 5mm wetsuit last Tuesday and it had its maiden voyage today, quite impressed to be honest, the pockets are big enough to accommodate my torch.

Surprised to see my buddy Ernie as he was not sure last week if he'd be able to get out of Abu Dhabi as his visa has been cancelled (retiring and relocating to Mexico), so that was a bonus to dive with him two more times :D

First dive on Paradise Reef was not too bad, shooting WA, but really nothing of note.

On the second dive (Inchcape 10) I used Ernie's spare hands to gently push back some whip coral so that I could get in and photograph a couple of squat lobsters that have been living on this crinoid for the past couple of months.

FUJ_7109MCsig-L.jpg

FUJ_7111MCsig-M.jpg

Met up with @hedonist222 again, he seems to like Barracuda Dive Centre.

Weird weather today, overcast on the drive over and definite signs of rain in Fujairah where apparently they had a storm yesterday :eek:

We headed north today to Inchcape 2 and Martini Rock.

Temps on Inch 2 were 23-25C and Martini 25-27C, still good in my new 5mm :D

Lots of nudis on Inch 2, but this is my favourite shot

FUJ_7158MCsig-L.jpg

Also found a H. kanga and H. dolfusi together feeding

FUJ_7161MCsig-L.jpg

Martini deserves some wide angle shots. There was a slight current enough to make these Dendronephthya corals open up into a forest of pink and purple, fantastic scenery.

Best fish shot today is this coral goby

FUJ_7194MCsig-M.jpg

Was using the 60mm lens again today.

Good photographs, Searcaigh.

We just got back from a night dive.

I would rate tonight's night dive as a top five night dives.

Visibility was shite, it was cold, and we didn't chance upon any nocturnal pelagic.
But it was mesmerizing because a few facets that added up.

There was distant torrential lightning towards Kalba. So visually entertaining.
That was the n nature facet.

The biological facet was the group of divers onboard this lovely evening.
Akin to a National Geographic odssey.
Sentient beings.

While I am indifferent to the traditional nudibranch, these sentient beings were pointing out nudibranch sizes that made me excited to use my magnifying glass.

It poured rain on the ride back. Lightning akin to a fireworks show.

It was a soul nourishing dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom