Mexico - Air Travel Exit Process

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As an example, a work colleague went to Cabo with a school group for a five day senior trip (he was vaccinated but the high school seniors were not).
Yikes. Traveling unvaccinated is a terrible idea, as those seniors found out. It would be nice if they would require vaccination rather than just testing prior to travel.

We just got home yesterday

We obtained our COVID test at COSTAMED hospital for about $52pp cash. The online reservation data does not get forwarded to the hospital, so you have to scan a QR code and fill out all the forms again online. We didn't take out phones to the hospital and they were quite unhappy about that. We had to do it all on paper.

At the airport on the way home, they looked carefully at our COVID test results on my phone, and gave us a health questionnaire. We had already done that questionnaire online, and had the QR code, but they wouldn't take the QR code so we had to fill out the questionnaire again on paper.

Coming back into the USA through customs and immigration at Charlotte was a nightmare. Ignorant TSA agents were directing people to the wrong lines. The lines were very long anyway, and it took us 2 hours to get through the entire process.

I'll add my story to the thread. We (four of us) just flew home on AA from Coz on Saturday April 17.

On the 14th we went to the International Hospital for our covid tests. We paid 900 pesos pp. Later that evening we each received an email with a pdf file attached of our results (we were all negative.) The next day we stopped by the hospital and picked up a paper copy of our results.

On the 17th we arrived at the airport and a pair of AA reps stopped us as we were walking toward check in. They asked if we had our covid test results; we showed them our passports and results. They told us "great... did you use the Verifly app?" I told them no, and they said "no problem... please just fill this out". We were handed the "I promise I did my covid test properly" form, filled it out, signed it and gave it back to them. They added it to the stack and said thank you.

The rest of the process was standard airport stuff... checked bags, got our boarding passes, went through security, flew home. Customs and immigration at DFW was a breeze, they didn't ask for anything (except our passports.)

I'll add my story to the thread. We (four of us) just flew home on AA from Coz on Saturday April 17.

On the 14th we went to the International Hospital for our covid tests. We paid 900 pesos pp. Later that evening we each received an email with a pdf file attached of our results (we were all negative.) The next day we stopped by the hospital and picked up a paper copy of our results.

On the 17th we arrived at the airport and a pair of AA reps stopped us as we were walking toward check in. They asked if we had our covid test results; we showed them our passports and results. They told us "great... did you use the Verifly app?" I told them no, and they said "no problem... please just fill this out". We were handed the "I promise I did my covid test properly" form, filled it out, signed it and gave it back to them. They added it to the stack and said thank you.

The rest of the process was standard airport stuff... checked bags, got our boarding passes, went through security, flew home. Customs and immigration at DFW was a breeze, they didn't ask for anything (except our passports.)
If addition to the Covid test were they collecting the previously announced Quintana Roo state exit tax?

We just got home yesterday

We obtained our COVID test at COSTAMED hospital for about $52pp cash. The online reservation data does not get forwarded to the hospital, so you have to scan a QR code and fill out all the forms again online. We didn't take out phones to the hospital and they were quite unhappy about that. We had to do it all on paper.

For that price they should fill out for you with a smile!

For that price they should fill out for you with a smile!
I wondered about that. I see a lot of FB posts for tests costing $50 and more, but why not just go to the ferry pier and get one for $35?

I wondered about that. I see a lot of FB posts for tests costing $50 and more, but why not just go to the ferry pier and get one for $35?

We paid $30 at Amerimed down near Casa Del Mar and I've seen people claim as low as $17 at pharmacies. I think it's just that we are conditioned in the US to medical tests costing hundreds of dollars that even $55 sounds like a bargain.

Thought I had posted this earlier, but we paid $40 or $800 pesos to House Calls Cozumel (recommended on Cozumel 4 U) to come out to our condo for our tests. Lab tech arrived on time, used full PPE, and got our results emailed to us within 3 hours. Uploaded to United and approved to travel 2 minutes later. They are on Facebook.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom