AquaLung Zuma thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Janie88

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an Aqua Lung Lotus, only 2 years old. It is a very high quality BC, and I like it okay, but it is not the most comfortable for me to cross my arms, I feel like the weights are in the way.

Does anyone have the newer Zuma? I read reviews of the first Zumas being somewhat flimsy and not holding up well, but I've heard that they have revamped it so the quality is much better.

I'm also thinking of looking at the Zeagle Zena, which has the front piece similar to my beloved Seaquest Diva QD that I had for 15+ years, with a sports-bra type closure in front. It was super comfortable. The Zena zips up the front and has a similar look to it.

My Zuma is probably 5-6 years old(?) with 200-250 dives on it. I see no reason it won't go a couple hundred more. Part of my kit I can pack bc, fins, mask, wet suit, camera, housing, strobe and some clothes in a carry-on and back pack.

If you don't like your Lotus, I don't think you will like a Zuma. My wife has a Lotus, and I picked up one of the closeout Zumas. I'm kinda jealous of the feature she has that the Zuma lacks.

If you don't like your Lotus, I don't think you will like a Zuma. My wife has a Lotus, and I picked up one of the closeout Zumas. I'm kinda jealous of the feature she has that the Zuma lacks.

What feature are you referring to that the Zuma lacks? And I do like many of the features of the Lotus. But what I'm not crazy about is the way the weights sit on my body so I cannot cross/fold my arms the way I like to when diving. Just feels a little awkward for some reason. Maybe it's not the best BC for me, or maybe I'm still used to the way the Seaquest Diva felt. I had that BC for 15 years.

How about you try putting all the weight you can fit in the pockets behind you

I have a friend who has used a Zuma for several years and she loves hers. Her husband owns a dive shop, so she can have access to pretty much whatever she wants, and she went with a Zuma.

I may go back to our local dive shop and try both BCs on again. They now carry the Zeagle line as well as Aqua Lung Zuma. I only wish I could trade in my Lotus for something else, I mean it is very lightly used! haha. I see a lot of BCs for sale on here and ebay so not sure I could even get much for it, so I'll probably keep it.

I may go back to our local dive shop and try both BCs on again. They now carry the Zeagle line as well as Aqua Lung Zuma. I only wish I could trade in my Lotus for something else, I mean it is very lightly used! haha. I see a lot of BCs for sale on here and ebay so not sure I could even get much for it, so I'll probably keep it.
Zeagle makes a model called the Zena that you might like. If your LDS has one, it may be worth trying. One nice feature about Zeagle BCDs is that the LPI Assembly can be simply srewed off and a garden hose can be screwed on for rinsing the bladder. This is super easy.

Zeagle makes a model called the Zena that you might like. If your LDS has one, it may be worth trying. One nice feature about Zeagle BCDs is that the LPI Assembly can be simply srewed off and a garden hose can be screwed on for rinsing the bladder. This is super easy.

DID YOU READ THIS

I'm also thinking of looking at the Zeagle Zena, which has the front piece similar to my beloved Seaquest Diva QD that I had for 15+ years, with a sports-bra type closure in front. It was super comfortable. The Zena zips up the front and has a similar look to it.

Do you understand this

How about you try putting all the weight you can fit in the pockets behind you

Back
Top Bottom