Scubapro 108/109

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wuku

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone!

I am currently trying to find a Scubapro 108/109 regulator either the full reg or the pieces. Unfortunately on ebay i have found some, but the sellers do not send it to Spain. Does anyone here still uses the 108 or 109 nowadays? if so, whats your opinion on it?

Thank you very much in advanced!

Man, anyone

full.jpg

worth their salt water

full.jpg

is diving them

Scubapro Reg Set - MK10 1st Stage, 109 Primary w/Scubapro Console, Air2 LP Hose | eBay

ScubaPro MK10 First Stage Regulator Scuba Pro Diving 1st Stage | eBay

Scubapro R109 Second Stage Scuba Diving Regulator, 01 | eBay

Be patient and they will come

I have of several of them, and I and my family are using them currently.
My ones are mostly MK5+109, all converted to BA with the latest S-wing poppet.
The best ever built, in my opinion, and no need to change them with more modern regs.
The 108 is a bit less performing, good as an octopus, perhaps, not as the main reg.
But I was always against the whole concept of an octopus (a low-spec additional second stage). In my opinion one should use two identical, full-performances second stages, which can be swapped at will.
So two 109s are just perfect!
I have 8 of them, 2 for each member of my family (actually one of them is a 129, so left-hand hose instead of right hand, but in practice entirely identical to a 109 - and another is a Mk-X-BA, but again substantially identical to a 109, except for the satin chrome finish).
Usually on Ebay you find them easily.

Hello everyone!

I am currently trying to find a Scubapro 108/109 regulator either the full reg or the pieces. Unfortunately on ebay i have found some, but the sellers do not send it to Spain. Does anyone here still uses the 108 or 109 nowadays? if so, whats your opinion on it?

Thank you very much in advanced!

Yes, they are simply nice and reliable!
P1050447.JPG

I have quite some more which I'm selling, so if you are interested, contact me via PM.....

This one I think I got from a dive shop waste basket along with several others, including a couple air1s. Customers had been bringing them in and instead of being encouraged to service them, they were sold new regulators. The shop was delighted to sell me them for a very reasonable price.

This one I think I got from a dive shop waste basket along with several others, including a couple air1s. Customers had been bringing them in and instead of being encouraged to service them, they were sold new regulators. The shop was delighted to sell me them for a very reasonable price.
This kind of picture should be censored :) :) :)

This kind of picture should be censored
Someone told me you have a BA/109 worthy of display.

Can you believe somebody owned that regulator, brought it to a dive shop in San Antonio, left it there (presumably for zero trade in value), walked out with something like a MK25/S600 (or A700) and about $1,000 less in their bank account, and THEN the dive shop employees decided to dump it in a bucket. I don't know who to be more puzzled by, the customer or the dive shop. :D

Oh well, that's how the economy works, I guess. I use 109/balanced-adjustables and MK5, MK10, or MK15 for cave diving, although I sometimes use a D300, which is an easier breathing 2nd stage, (not that it matters) and can be taken apart with no tools (likewise, not that it matters) but a little dry for those 2-3 hour dives.

Back
Top Bottom