Trip Report Why I Won't Be Returning to Cozumel-Part 1,2&3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saw that dive op had a policy of not assisting with dive computer. Is thst typical. Seems like thst sort of assistance is normal.

:rofl3: What more could DAN have done? They give expert counsel, pay for treatments, and often follow up afterward. You think they should have sent someone to retrieve the doctor?

Dan could have handled the arrangements. And really should have. Medical issues sffect response time and judgment.
Just renewed my dan. This is disappointing to hear how handled.
dan should have had medical team prepped and ready. Simple standard stuff here.

Saw that dive op had a policy of not assisting with dive computer. Is thst typical. Seems like thst sort of assistance is normal.
I can understand assistance with a dive computer that an operation rents out to a diver but there are so many different types of computers with no standard operating interface or displays that this seems unreasonable and quite a bit of liability.

I can understand assistance with a dive computer that an operation rents out to a diver but there are so many different types of computers with no standard operating interface or displays that this seems unreasonable and quite a bit of liability.

Uh, the concept of personal responsibility??:(

Well, just came back from a long weekend and the OP's post seems to say (yet again) that DAN Insurance proved absolutely worthless for this diver in a time of need. The diver kept calling DAN and DAN keep giving phone #'s to call that no one answers in an emergency over and over and a dive doctor is asleep and can't be disturbed? DAN IS WORTHLESS INSURANCE!

Ya'll go and buy your DAN insurance and see what it does for you... It obviously did nothing for this diver in a time of need.
Let me guess.. insurance salesman, right?

Is it just me? I just don't understand how this is Cozumel's fault. This could have happened anywhere.

Sidenote: The Caribbean reefs are all in similar shape.

Don't want to bash, but yes. I don't dive often enough to remember all of the details of my computer, so before each trip I download the manual and read it on the plane. Worth it every time.

Thanks for admitting that. I often need to refresh my memory, and always take the manual with, sometimes thinking that I must be the dumbest thing to walk upright.......

Back
Top Bottom