Dry glove systems for DUI Zip Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have kubis on silicone zipseals with about the same spacing as that - base of the ring lines up with the thicker portion of the seal. I have had the rings on the same pair of silicone seals for 1.5 years now (~150 dives). I have heard that latex hold up better, but didnt want to buy new seals just for this. When these silicon rip I might go for latex.

I also have the showa 720 in 8/M on the 80mm kubi rings. It can fit, I don't remember it being crazy hard to load, but maybe soaking it in some warm water might make it easier to strech?

I put the ring down on a table with the big groove facing up and then I stretch the glove (with the o-ring folded inside) over the kubi ring. Requires a firm grip and some patience but it's the best way I've found so far.

The gloves were stretched for 24 hours. If that didn’t help, some hot water isn’t going to. I don’t have a lot of hand strength. I’m done messing with it. The 720s are going to a friend. My hands hurt for several hours after trying multiple times.

Update:

Dove with the Kubi gloves on today. Wow. Luxurious dexterity! :D I was able to easily handle my tank bungees. Also easily had more than enough left wrist mobility to reach left tank bungee, something I was never able to do with the Ultima rings. Wore them with FE fleece liners under. 53F water and my hands were warm. I’m sticking with these gloves, at least for the time being.

Not quite sure how, but I lost the O ring that holds the outer metal ring on the suit side while diving Saturday. Happened sometime before the start of the second dive. That arm got very wet. Meant to order replacement O rings before now but hadn’t. Ordered last night. Hope to have it before the weekend otherwise I’ll be wearing wet gloves!

45F0EE10-9A5D-47D3-813E-7584F9290C7D.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom