Any Big Island ops doing a manta/black water double header?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcus8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

We were last on the BI 10 years ago and Kona Honu Divers had a lovely two tank night dive trip. We started with the mantas, saw tons, went back to shore briefly and then headed out for the black water dive. I loved it and would like to retry it with my new camera...such a challenge to do the black water stuff as I kinda boofed it last time. Anyways, we are going back in October so just took a looksee around at a few ops websites, contacted Kona Hona Divers again, but no one seems to do this anymore. Kona Honu claims the late night of that 2 tank trip turned off some divers so they head out earlier now for a single tank only. So my question is.....any ops doing this 2 tank night dive nowadays? Our trip includes many non diving activities so trying to package both of these amazing dives in one evening. Many thanks fellow divers.

Mark

Jack's Diving Locker is the op I use. They offer both these types of dives but not on the same night because the manta dive is a 2-tank (1st tank at dusk, 2nd tank at night). I like that Jack's is very eco-conscious about the mantas and not touching them, where other dive ops are not. Jack's also offers a manta guarantee, Manta Guarantee. So my advice is to book this ASAP in your vacation just in case you have to use the guarantee and come back later in the week. I had to use this guarantee once and we saw a ton of mantas on the second try. Have fun!

It's too bad that no one is doing this anymore. I loved Kona Honu's Manta/Black Water combo back in the day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom