WTB Tank Whip (For Cleaning)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

google turns up a bunch of options if you search that thread size/pitch and "plug".

I wonder of you could 3D print a plug. Or, make one from delrin rod...

I've thought about that although I'm not as good with the printer as I would like to be. They have models on Thingiverse for 3/4" threads.

I've also thought I could always just put the valves back on and slosh stuff around. I don't know if that would do any harm or not?

Now don't quote me on this,,,but as I recall I used some CPVC pipe and a coupling glued together for a thread protector. The coupling kept the pipe from dropping into the tank and was so simple it worked well.

Now don't quote me on this,,,but as I recall I used some CPVC pipe and a coupling glued together for a thread protector. The coupling kept the pipe from dropping into the tank and was so simple it worked well.

That's a good idea for whipping, but not so much for plugging:)

7/8" x 14 UNF is just a fine thread bolt. Go to any fastener store and slap an oring on that bolt

Probably the easiest of all, thanks. Heck I might even have one here somewhere...

so glue a cap on the end...

The way I understand it is use the 1/2" CPVC to go down through the threads and the coupler to prevent it from falling down in.... nothing in the threads?

Maybe drink more coffee?:)

7/8" x 14 UNF is just a fine thread bolt. Go to any fastener store and slap an oring on that bolt

Is there any issue just using the valve? Or is that a no no? No idea what phosphoric acid does to brass.

Is there any issue just using the valve? Or is that a no no? No idea what phosphoric acid does to brass.

takes the chrome off it... just use a cheap bolt and an oring

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom