How much do Saturation divers make?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So you need a partner you say...

I don't mind working if I like the job. I also want an honest wage with enough to retire but also have my fun. I know I'm not alone but things like this feel like an infomercial. No offense just untrusting..

but your welcome to PM and share :wink:
I fell into something that sounded too good to be true. I had nothing to lose after my 16 year old son died and frankly I was looking for something to devastate me further. There’s no infomercial here. I own a super crazy successful insurance agency that is 20 months old. I started it from zero, nothing, literally a cash advance on two credit cards.

It’s the easiest and most lucrative thing I’ve ever done, and you could do it without a high school diploma.

Prior to buying a dive shop recently, I worked about 4 hours per month. We typically fly to lunch :)
For a lot of people you’re life style is enviable, put I’d hate to have to take a plane to go to lunch, (I know you didn’t have to) I live in walking distance of Dungarvan bay on the south coast of Ireland. I think some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet. Great people to living among and I can earn a wage at something I love to do. I don’t have a heap of money but I’m time rich to do the things I like.

For a lot of people you’re life style is enviable, put I’d hate to have to take a plane to go to lunch, (I know you didn’t have to) I live in walking distance of Dungarvan bay on the south coast of Ireland. I think some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet. Great people to living among and I can earn a wage at something I love to do. I don’t have a heap of money but I’m time rich to do the things I like.
Nobody would envy my life if they understood the loss of a kid. The money, airplanes and houses are just smoke and mirrors to hide the fact that I’m devastated inside. It’s a daily battle to stave off an overwhelming depression from the depths of which are almost impossible to ascend. I believe God provided this income so I could finance countless distractions from heartache.

At any rate, I was a commercial diver right up until the BP Oil Spill. My favorite hat was a Kirby Morgan Superlite 27. And while I’m glad I have the experiences in diving that I have had, there are soooooo many better, safer, more lucrative, more substantial careers out there. If I had it to do over again, I’d have went to nursing school instead.

Also, I’d love to see Ireland probably more than any other place on the planet.

Last year i made more inshore than 90% of sat divers. 3 years before that a sat diver would earn my weekly wage in 6 hours. It's a very volitile and underpaid market.

Time Rich.. I like that

Also, I’d love to see Ireland probably more than any other place on the planet.
You would get a fabulous welcome, can’t wait to see US friends back in Ireland. 100 years ago my cousin was 22 when he was killed by the Black and Tans at the Burgery ambush. My grandfather and others had to go on the run. They got to Canada and walked the railway line into the US. Their descendants today are from Massachusetts to New Orleans. The generosity of the American people will never be forgotten by the Irish. Just to say thanks on the 100th anniversary. My grandfather returned to Ireland and reared his family on the foothills of the Comeraghs

I missed the really big paydays, which was in the mid to late 1960s. Taylor Diving & Salvage was paying their certified hyperbaric pipeline welders $3,000/day in sat in 1968, over $22,600/day today. Taylor's exclusive client was Brown & Root who was leading in deepwater pipelines. Brown & Root was owned by Halliburton who also purchased Taylor in 1968.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom