Dive Calculation Spreadsheet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you click in the little box which accepts their terms and privacy notice? If you didn't it won't download the link to your email.

Yes, I did - it gave me a confirmation in green each time that an email with the link was sent, but no emails were received.

I deleted the file on the Filehosting.org server. Besides mc42 having trouble with it there maybe another issue. Providing an email address opens the user to receive emails for ads and spam. I'm sure this is how they're making their money. So, to get around all the disadvantages to using a file hosting site I created my own website using Wix's drag-and-drop create your own web site tool. The dive Excel spreadsheet is there plus the dive tools Excel spreadsheet. Each has a download button which when pressed will ask you to open or save the file. If you select save the file, the file should go to your downloads folder or whatever folder you setup for downloading. Here is the URL to get you to the web site:

https://ecfehlau.wixsite.com/my-site

ThANKS

Well, it's been almost a year since my last revision. I just finished a minor revision, v34.2, and posted it to the web site. The URL is shown below. I moved the settings for the spreadsheet colors from the VBA code to the SETTINGS page of the spreadsheet. Now, you don't need to go into the code to change the colors.

Well, it's been almost a year since my last revision. I just finished a minor revision, v34.2, and posted it to the web site. The URL is shown below. I moved the settings for the spreadsheet colors from the VBA code to the SETTINGS page of the spreadsheet. Now, you don't need to go into the code to change the colors.

Wow, I am impressed about this work !

I am trying to reproduce the M0-values of the RDP (see this post), and was happy to find this work of yours. However, trying to compare your results with mine, I noticed some differences. That made me wonder: does your implementation of Schreiner's equation receive the correct input?

On line 2583 you write this equation in your comments, and you also implemented it on line 2630. Differentiating this expression w.r.t. time, dividing by k and then adding the expression again gives you inpired gas as function of time. For the expression in you visual basic code this becomes:

Pi + rate * t

So at the start of the interval the inspired gas pressure is Pi, and it increases at the rate 'rate' (and decreases if 'rate' is negative).

If I calculate a simple single dive [decent to a depth, stay there and ascent to the surface (no deco-stop whatsoever)], I obtain different values, and I guess that this is due to the wrong input for Pi. Your excel-file provides me with 5 lines (Surf, Des, Level, Asc, Surf). For this second line (Des) I see in column E an insP which is the average of the insP at Surf and the insP at Level, and it seems that you are using that value in your Schreiner's equation? But as just explained above, you should use the value at the beginning of the descent/ascent (not the value half-way).

Keep up the good work !

But as just explained above, you should use the value at the beginning of the descent/ascent (not the value half-way).
You can use the starting depth for descents and ascents by setting Descent and Ascent Starting depth to 1 on the SETTINGS page. The spreadsheet on the web page uses 2: use median depth.

If I use the spreadsheet from the web page and make that SETTING as only change (set it to 1), I get in the E-column for both Asc-rows the same value as the row above, however for the Desc I get a value that is higher than the row above. I expected that to be the same as the line above, but it is 0.72 higher. Is there an other setting I overlooked?

The E column is the inspired gas column (Insp) and the ascent segment (Asc) will have the same value of Insp as the level segment (level) before it because the ascent segment is using the starting depth of the level segment to calculate the Insp gas pressure. No, you don't need to change any other setting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom