Planning our first trip to Curaçao fro Jan, ‘22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@lexvil do you usually rent in the Salina area of Willemstad? I prefer something with a kitchen, just for the purpose you mentioned. Great photos, by the way.

@lexvil do you usually rent in the Salina area of Willemstad? I prefer something with a kitchen, just for the purpose you mentioned. Great photos, by the way.
We look for the best deal, this time its close to Jan Thiel but no view other than the pool at the house.

@JohnN What shop do you use in Boca Sami? You got me curious about the area, and I found Sun Reef Village when I googled it. Looks like their shop is Curaçao Divers.

On the cars, we have been fine when just the two of us with a compact. We fold down the rear seat and put our gear / luggage in through the rear hatch. For four divers/snorklers I would look for a crew cab pick up. When I did a trip with 6 staying at Allwest I rented two pick ups. I found the second pick up completely unnecessary as we were able to get all our gear in the back and for short drives, some in the back most in the cab. I also had 4 in their 20s and they preferred driving around Westpunt/Lagun riding in the back because, well, it was fun. 6 adults in a crew cab driving from Westpunt to downtown may be too much. I haven't driven through the park, but our 20 somethings did in the pick up and I think they were glad to have a truck. Most places we drive, we were fine with the compact. Cas Abou beach road was in bad shape last time we were there but I read they have improved it. Still, while in bad shape, most vehicles were cars, not trucks.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip. Not sure when we will make it back. Key Largo up next month.

@JohnN What shop do you use in Boca Sami? You got me curious about the area, and I found Sun Reef Village when I googled it. Looks like their shop is Curaçao Divers.
I've always used Dive Wederfoort. Tanks are about US$8.40 and Patrick manages to get 3200-3400 PSI fills for most of them. I've found Boca Sami really convenient. It's reasonably close to Willemstad, and far enough West to make trips to those sites 'reasonable'. If you don't mind self-catering, drop me a PM and give you a couple of pointers

First off, I want to thank everyone for their input. We finally got everyone together who is going and made some decisions. @JohnN turns out there will be six of us, so I didn’t contact your person in Boca Sami, but thank you so mush for that information. I may use it in the future. Everyone in our group left the research to me, which means all of you, and Marazul won out with two people planning on Rancho El Sobrino due to the lower cost and close proximity. Still have to figure some other things out, but we’re finally moving towards it. Thanks again for all the input and advise that was offered. It really helped in narrowing things down.

Erik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom