Is proof of COVID health insurance required for entry to Egypt?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Latest information the we received that upon entry you have to fill out a "health card" and provide details of your health insureance. I can tell you in 2 weeks time how that actually works out at Marsa Alam Airport.

Anybody know if Egypt immigration officials check for travelers’ health insurance for COVID coverage at the Cairo airport upon arrival? I’ve seen references to such a requirement on the US embassy’s website, but it seems unlikely that they’d be checking the fine print of insurance policies, much less turning tourists around and making them fly back for inadequate coverage. Curious if anybody was asked for that when entering Egypt.
Last time I was there they just took a temperature reading and waved you through. They may ask what countries you have visited prior to arriving.

@Mod63 And here is the Health Card you will very likely have to fill. No details of health insurance required. However i will be happy to hear your feedback.
Out of curiosity: where are you going in Marsa Alam area?
Edit: forgot to add the link...

Interesting...
Please come back with information about the one you had to submit.
:D

still trying to find out if the IATA information about the PCR test requireing a "stamp" is reality. All and every PCR I can get in Munich is a PDF to download and print at home

and I just saw video from the current Evolution trip to Sudan - I hope the hammerheads will still be there when we get there

I think, and this is only a personal view, that the stamp thing gets over-rated. It will be enough to have ot printed properly in colour if the document has the logo and a signature from the Lab. And if worth comes to worth, and you are flying in HRG or RMF there will still be the option of test on arrival.

And if worth comes to worth, and you are flying in HRG or RMF there will still be the option of test on arrival.
With the slight issue that by the time the result comes back we will have "officially" left Egpt already :cool:.
Just need to find a colour printer....

oh! hold on... that means you will be in transit to another country (i.e. Sudan...).
But no... that won't change anything, i'm afraid.:(
But... if you state that your are on the Evolution (?), Health Authorities will know were you are in case you get tested postive and they need to track you...
Better advise: find a colour printer and have your PCR results approved...:)

Back
Top Bottom