Experiment replacing Oceanic regulator covers with silicone...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reading this I am happy to not have bought Oceanic. Then again Aqualung and mares are using something similar.
I like older stuff like a R190 or similar. My R190 has been with me the past 26 years, about 7000 dives, and no problem even with very little maintenance.

But getting these things working is a good sprit.

Reading this I am happy to not have bought Oceanic. Then again Aqualung and mares are using something similar.
I like older stuff like a R190 or similar. My R190 has been with me the past 26 years, about 7000 dives, and no problem even with very little maintenance.

But getting these things working is a good sprit.

Same here. I still dive with my Dacor Pacer, and lately I'm diving with my SP A700. All metal, no rubber.

If, like me, one is not quite as competent of a DIY guy as the OP, finding a replacement cover might be the answer. Have a look at these for possible candidates:
Seaira 93 Front Cover Black For Second Stage | eBay

I am afraid all regs with a non-rubber flexible cover disintegrate eventually. Here is my example of a nice Seemann SL600 disintegrated cover. I am tempted to try the 3D printing option but I never come around creating the STL file. A very nice breathing second stage waiting for a replacement piece.
Best regards

Jordi

Attachments

• cover Seamann SL600.jpg
    cover Seamann SL600.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 59
I am afraid all regs with a non-rubber flexible cover disintegrate eventually. Here is my example of a nice Seemann SL600 disintegrated cover. I am tempted to try the 3D printing option but I never come around creating the STL file. A very nice breathing second stage waiting for a replacement piece.
Best regards

Jordi
I don't know if the STL file that I've posted here in this thread does work for that second stage. I guess that it should. For what I've seen up to now, the flex cover for Oceanic Alpha 8 is a little smaller than the one for the Oceanic Alpha 7. The flex cover for Oceanic Alpha 7 is the same that many plastic second stages use. At least I could use that flex cover for several plastic second stages that seem to be all the same (at least the alu ring, diafragm and thread).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom