Closed Light Monkey 20W variable LED sidemount light

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

halocline

Contributor
Reaction score
This light is almost new, with one week of diving last September. It puts out a solid 4700 lumens for 5 1/2 hours on the highest setting. The goodman handle is from my old HID and the battery has about 40-50 charge cycles on it. $1,000 shipped to U.S. address. It's this light:
10.310.920-10-20 SM Variable LED

IMG_2103.jpg
IMG_2103.jpg
IMG_2107.jpg
IMG_2110.jpg

Is that the one with the square hot-spot?

No, it has a very clear circular hot spot with very little back scatter. Here's a photo from about 16 feet give or take.

It really is an excellent light, I'm just going cordless. By the time I'll be doing 5 hour cave dives, maybe they'll have a four hour cordless light. :D
IMG_2131.jpg

It's interesting, I had never heard of a light with a square hot spot before, but I guess the emitters are square in these lights. The lens on this light is pretty thick. I'll try taking some better photos, I have an ancient iphone.

Anyhow, I'm going to Mexico in a few weeks, if it doesn't sell by then I'll take it and use it, maybe I'll get used to the idea of a corded light in sidemount. I'm a new sidemount diver. I dove for years in backmount down there and never had an issue using a corded light; in fact, I liked being able to drape the light cord around my neck for writing and tie offs. Now with the helmet mount the cord is bugging me.

Are you willing to ship to an FPO? It's technically a US address.

I've never done that so I don't know what's involved. As long as the cost is similar, and it's legal to ship a light with an installed lithium battery, sure. Can you send me a PM and we'll talk?

Back
Top Bottom