Plastic Bags at Mega

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, we have to buy them for our trash containers now. It has been a real pollution reducer.

:) Yeah, I know. Never bought trash bags before, now we have to.
It's really a net minus for us from an environmental aspect, as the bags that we have to buy are a heavier mil than the grocery bags.
I'd guess that in the aggregate though, that it does reduce pollution, as there are a lot out there who have no concept of disposing plastic bags responsibly.

Here on the island now. Not only bring or purchase recyclable bags at register you also have to bag your groceries yourself. If buyer a lot we just take it all to the car and bag them in parking lot otherwise you really slow down the line. Cashier can ring items up faster than we can bag them.

Here on the island now. Not only bring or purchase recyclable bags at register you also have to bag your groceries yourself. If buyer a lot we just take it all to the car and bag them in parking lot otherwise you really slow down the line. Cashier can ring items up faster than we can bag them.

I can't count the number of times my wife and I have made the comparison between Mega and *every* cashier in the US while we wait for what feels like an eternity in a U.S. check out line.

It's as if cashiers in the states purposely take as long as humanly possible to check out a single customer. (Exception for our local HEB stores... but they are still are no where close to Mega speed.)

This reminds me of why end up at Mega every other day for no particular reason.

One of the best purchases I've made in a while is the Akona Tanami Sling Bag. We can use it on the boat and take it to Mega and shopping elsewhere... Just have to have it all rolled up when you enter and if security asks about it ya unroll it and show them that it is empty. Sure beats carrying a heavy haul from the gorcery stores in hand bags.

As far as banning plastic bags (and straws) goes to helping the environment, it's pretty much a joke. Take a stroll on the wild east side of the island and see all the plastics that have been washed ashore there... Everything and anything made of plastic is there and the extent of the pollution is unbelievable. There's more plastic crap and fragments of plastic than anything natural on those beaches. Most will tell you that plastic isn't the problem, its the containment of it that is the problem... Like nuclear waste. The same tree huggers who scream about their reusable shopping bags and drive such laws to be passed still stuff their reusable bags full of products that are packaged in plastic. Hypocrites!

Akona Tanami Sling Dry Backpack Bag

Mega and Chedraui brought back some of the thin clear bags in rolls the vegetable section. For everything else, bring your own or buy there. There are packs of small mesh bags with draw strings that you can buy for veggies or whatever. You may have to hunt for these in the stores as they haven't quite figured out product placement (except for Pepsico/Frito Lay products).

Mega and Chedraui brought back some of the thin clear bags in rolls the vegetable section. For everything else, bring your own or buy there. There are packs of small mesh bags with draw strings that you can buy for veggies or whatever. You may have to hunt for these in the stores as they haven't quite figured out product placement (except for Pepsico/Frito Lay products).
Really glad to hear about the plastic bags for veggies. Last summer there still were none. Really a pain to buy a couple of potatoes, a couple of tomates, a few oranges etc and put them all together in a Mega reusable bag and then sort them out for the checkers.

Back
Top Bottom