What Next?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HKGuns

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've completed OW - AOW - EAN32 - Dry Suit.

I plan on just diving for a while, but wondering what the suggestions for what would be next are? Or, do I call it good and just continue diving?

Almost everyone if not everyone here will say Rescue Diver and that every diver should take that. At what point (number of dives?) to do it has been often discussed.

I've completed OW - AOW - EAN32 - Dry Suit.

I plan on just diving for a while, but wondering what the suggestions for what would be next are? Or, do I call it good and just continue diving?
If you are happy with 30m max then go diving first and accumulate as many hrs as possible under various conditions. If you are interested to go beyond 30m then Deep Speciality for sure.
Rescue? I have done the course before. And would I recommend it? Hard to say No or Yes.

Rescue would be next then I would add Fundies - not necessarily to go DIR but to add and refine skills.

Keep your eyes open and observe others. It won't take long for you to notice the common mistakes made by most divers including yourself.
Reading also help.
Looking after your equipment will eliminate most potential failure.
Dive within your limit/training.

Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom