I take back every mean thing I’ve ever said about my LDS.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My LDS (Seal’s Water Sports in Santa Rosa, CA) took on the Freedom Plate, It finally happened

Congrats. Since I moved, I do miss stopping by and chatting with Scott while getting fills.

It has been a few decades since looking at the hookah fitting:

upload_2021-5-4_7-58-55.png

Is this a US-standard Oxygen connection used with Oxygen-Acetylene hoses?

upload_2021-5-4_8-6-24.png

Yes I do believe that is the same fitting. I have an Oxy/cetalene torch in my shop I could see.
But @James79 was kind enough to send me an extra cap he had so I’m set - so awesome!

You have two competing posts on here!

Congrats on getting "in house"! What wings are they pairing with your plate? The right combo and placement and you're going to get busy.

Please post your experiences with your return to vintage. The closest I came was almost buying a Kraken (and I'm not sure how well that qualifies).

Congrats on getting "in house"! What wings are they pairing with your plate? The right combo and placement and you're going to get busy.

Please post your experiences with your return to vintage. The closest I came was almost buying a Kraken (and I'm not sure how well that qualifies).
They are going to order an XS scuba single tank wing which looks a lot like a mid width hog or Hollis or OMS. It’s not a super skinny wing like the Oxy or VDH, Mares, Apex, etc.
It’s priced right though at a retail price point of $270 so that’s good. The rig assembled with everything ready to dive will probably be a little north of $700 but these plates are premium polished with heavy wedges too.
Only polished plates will be making it into B&M shops.
They’re putting them right next to the SP Hyrdos on the display rack (lol!). I’ll take a picture and post it when it’s all set up.

Yeah I realized there’s two-fer post here.
I should break the DH into another thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom