Transmitters on Short Hoses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine work find with AL80s, both Luxfer and Catalina using DGX low profile valves.

I have to angle my regs a bit as well when using Luxfer AL80s with the transmitters facing down. No issues with my LP108s. I do have a weird Coyne LP95 that has a short neck that I have to angle my regs a little bit as well, but it's a boat anchor, so probably wouldn't ever try to sidemount it and I don't have a second one anyway.

My Deep 6 Expedition on a Catalina AL 80 requires the angled approach.

8488BBF9-57BE-4251-BDB4-9DC509E17920_1_105_c.jpeg

My Deep 6 Expedition on a Catalina AL 80 requires the angled approach.

View attachment 657498
Huh. My reg is vertical, the transmitter is on the port away from the valve knob, and I've wrapped it with orange tape.

? Picture please
I've tried the transmitter on both sides....just above the valve knob and opposite to it, like the picture. the other HP port has a button gauge in it.
upload_2021-5-6_13-18-49.png

I've tried the transmitter on both sides....just above the valve knob and opposite to it, like the picture. the other HP port has a button gauge in it.
View attachment 657532
The discussion is about sidemount. The setup you are showing is single tank back mount.

The discussion is about sidemount. The setup you are showing is single tank back mount.
Oops. Sorry.
I don't have any pictures of the transmitter setup on my sidemount regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom