Retirement job driving dive boats?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great page... i did the "towing vessel endorsement" and really enjoyed it, definitely go for it next chance....

Thanks Captain! I appreciate it. I figured I had all the resources at my fingertips since I just got my license, that others may want it too.

I wish I would have got my towing vessel endorsement. I kick myself that I didn't. Oh well. Still fun out there diving and sailing.

Thanks Captain! I appreciate it. I figured I had all the resources at my fingertips since I just got my license, that others may want it too.

I wish I would have got my towing vessel endorsement. I kick myself that I didn't. Oh well. Still fun out there diving and sailing.
yeh thats a real sweet job you got there! Do you deliver boats the Belize too?

Long haul from the West coast to Belize....

From where on the west coast and what kind of boat and when?
Might need a guy in the future, it would most likely be from southern USA (tx, fl, sc, etc...)
Long haul from the West coast to Belize....
I've done it through the Panama Canal before, if it's fair seas it doesn't take as long as you might think (at least for a power boat)

Might need a guy in the future, it would most likely be from southern USA (tx, fl, sc, etc...)

I've done it through the Panama Canal before, if it's fair seas it doesn't take as long as you might think (at least for a power boat)
I may find out real soon. I've been through before, but as an engineroom watchstander on a tin can doesn't really count.

I took another route that allows me to dive in between sailboat deliveries. I typically deliver sailboats from the US to Mexico or all over Mexico. It's a great gig and I get to dive whenever I stop for one reason or another. I've got a 100 ton Masters license, so I can pretty much take any vessel up to 100' which is great.

I made a checklist of all the steps needed (with hyperlinks) to become a USCG license Captain.

Captain's License - How to Become a Licensed Boat Captain

If anyone's interested.
There is also this page:
http://www.coastalvitalityproject.o...nses-and-Endorsements-in-the-US-Maritimes.pdf
This is the best free summary I could find as to what someone needs to do to become a USCG licensed mariner.

Or, since they seem to have broken the site:
Wayback Machine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom