An odd question, is anyone using their DPV without scuba gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve seen free divers out several times with dpvs. I haven’t done it yet but it seems like fun to me. That being said, I definitely don’t think it should be your first experience with a DPV.

Oh, for sure.

CUDA 400 or comparable while freediving--absolute human missiles. More fun than a human should have, but ascents need to be monitored.

It's very hard to get bent freedving, but a DPV makes it way easier if you're not cognizant of what you're doing, how long/deep you're down, how fast you're ascending, etc.

Oh, for sure.

CUDA 400 or comparable while freediving--absolute human missiles. More fun than a human should have, but ascents need to be monitored.

It's very hard to get bent freedving, but a DPV makes it way easier if you're not cognizant of what you're doing, how long/deep you're down, how fast you're ascending, etc.
Some of those guys ride anchors down and air bags up; at what point do they start worrying about DCS?

Some of those guys ride anchors down and air bags up; at what point do they start worrying about DCS?
It depends on depth and repetition. But there's some great articles recently in DAN about competitive freedivers getting smoked by DCS. It seems past 100 feet is when you need to start being mindful of it.

I'm just a bum with a scooter and long fins.

Sure, I gave my sierra to a freediver. He routinely went to 300 feet on it.

I'd be diving on the Wilkes-Barre and he would come scootering by, happy as could be, big smile.

He was not trimix certified.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom