Mexico - Air Travel Exit Process

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It’s cheaper in Cabo. Why is that?

“The Covid-19 testing site at the airport is a small building to the right of terminal 2. Private lab. US $25 (MXN $450) for international passengers., with a 30 minute turnaround.”

It’ll be complimentary if you are going on Nautilus Liveaboards.

“Guests flying back to the US from Mexico are now required to have a negative test for COVID-19. To ensure this doesn’t impact your trip, we are working with the local hospital to provide testing on the boat prior to disembarking. We will cover the costs of this test, and results will be available within two hours, ensuring no delays in you getting home.”
COVID-19 Testing Now Available Onboard Nautilus - Nautilus Liveaboards

If addition to the Covid test were they collecting the previously announced Quintana Roo state exit tax?

Sorry!! Thanks for asking about this!

I was all set, had $11 cash in my "departure envelope", with my passport and covid test.

At the airport no one said anything about the exit tax. It was really weird. I kept the $11. Not sure what happened, but it just seemed like a non-issue.

This was on April 17, no idea if it's changed since then.

Sorry!! Thanks for asking about this!

I was all set, had $11 cash in my "departure envelope", with my passport and covid test.

At the airport no one said anything about the exit tax. It was really weird. I kept the $11. Not sure what happened, but it just seemed like a non-issue.

This was on April 17, no idea if it's changed since then.

We just came home last night from Coz on American Air. No one was asking for any $$$. All they (AA) wanted to see was your negative Covid Test on paper before issuing your boarding passes. After that no one else asked to see the test results. Had the same experience coming back from Cabo last month. Responsibility for sending back "healthy" Americans is borne solely by the airlines.

Added info: The rapid Covid test cost $32 at the Clinic across from Aldora -- 1/2 a block in from the water on Calle 5. Sign said $45, but as guests of Casa Mexicana, a "discuento" was offered. Results were emailed (and given to us on paper -- highly recommend) 3 hours after testing.

Came back via Cancun Tuesday, no tax and email on my phone with negative covid test was OK.

Dandydon I wish they would post this and people actually read it. You can still test positive and transmit it after having the vaccine. So many people think I'm vaccinated and safe and it's not true. Smh

The chances of that happening is quite low. Even the CDC, is acknowledging that now by loosening the restrictions, and is now saying that vaccinated people no longer need to mask in almost all situations.

The chances of that happening is quite low. Even the CDC, is acknowledging that now by loosening the restrictions, and is now saying that vaccinated people no longer need to mask in almost all situations.
Here is a question (honestly), while there are break through cases, as I understand it they are typical low level / asymptomatic with low viral loads. The USA is at 118 million vaccinated so we should be well past the speculative what if / maybe could happen stage of knowledge. How many break through positive cases have resulted in documented subsequent infections of others?

Here is a question (honestly), while there are break through cases, as I understand it they are typical low level / asymptomatic with low viral loads. The USA is at 118 million vaccinated so we should be well past the speculative what if / maybe could happen stage of knowledge. How many break through positive cases have resulted in documented subsequent infections of others?

Considering that the breakthrough cases are a fraction of a fraction of a percent, there is probably no data.

I think the next restriction we will see loosen is that international return testing requirement will probably go away for fully vaccinated people. As right now the guidance is that unless you are showing symptoms you don't need to be tested.

Considering that the breakthrough cases are a fraction of a fraction of a percent, there is probably no data.

I think the next restriction we will see loosen is that international return testing requirement will probably go away for fully vaccinated people. As right now the guidance is that unless you are showing symptoms you don't need to be tested.
Hopefully soon otherwise Sunday I will need the back of the brain swabbed

Hopefully soon otherwise Sunday I will need the back of the brain swabbed

I think you will have to get the brain swab. But I think in the next month or two before it filters down to international travel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom