Best Doubles Wing?

Which wing?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is that?
Any link please?

Tecline, I don't remember the model. I am leaving for a weekend of diving, so I don't have time now... if you send me a reminder on Monday I will check the model

Tecline, I don't remember the model. I am leaving for a weekend of diving, so I don't have time now... if you send me a reminder on Monday I will check the model

You really have to compare the headline and the small print of the product description!

Single tank configuration:
The headline read Donut 17(17kg/40lbs)
Product description read: 17L capacity!

Double tank configuration:
The headline read Donut17SE(17kg/40lbs)for 2x7L; 2x10L
Product description read: Double layer wing with 17L capacity.

I could not find any reference for a single wing suitable for twin tank.

I just couldn't wait until Monday without relieving myself

4. WHICH DONUT SE IS FOR ME ?

Donuts Special Edition exist in three sizes:
  • DONUT 17 SE : 17 litres bladder recommended for small twinsets such as 2x7L.
  • DONUT 22 SE : 22 litres bladder recommended for most common technical configurations with 2x12L twinsets and extra stage-tanks.
  • DONUT 30 SE : 30 litres bladder which is suitable for the biggest double sets available on the market. It was tested in several multi-stage dives (i.e.2x18L + 6 stage-tanks).

WHY THESE DONUTS ARE SO SPECIAL ? - Teclinediving

Single tank BCD's | Tecline Catalog

Double tank BCD's | Tecline Catalog

They need to tidy up the ambiguity of the wording.
Perhaps it is quite common in Poland to dive with twin 7L or 10L.

What is that?
Any link please?

I have it with me :)

Tecline17, max single 18l. The guy who sold it to me told me that such a "big" wing is compatible with doubles 7l, and looking at it it seems possible.

But I have never tried, so I might be wrong

I have it with me :)

Tecline17, max single 18l. The guy who sold it to me told me that such a "big" wing is compatible with doubles 7l, and looking at it it seems possible.

But I have never tried, so I might be wrong
If you have checked with Tecline:
DOUBLE TANK CONFIGURATION - Teclinediving

There is NO single 17L wing suitable for single as well as double 7L or 10L.

The man is .....

. . . I am in agreement that it is pretty rare for someone who is weighted correctly to need one of the humongous 60lbs+ wings. I suspect that most of those divers are overweighted, even without lead, so they might not have a lot of choice. . . .

When I switched from Worthington 85s to PST 104s, I had to switch from the Evolve 40 to the Evolve 60 to keep my head comfortably above water before beginning the dive, which is a phase of the dive that has to be kept in mind. The tanks are cave-filled (so they're heavy), and I wear typical-for-Florida 200g undergarments. And this is obviously fresh water, not salt. From what I have heard, my situation is not uncommon among FL cave divers. So, back to what I was saying about availability of used doubles wings, I have heard other divers similarly found themselves no longer using their Evolve 40s as they progressed to larger tanks, stages, etc. Also, I suppose it's worth mentioning that the "humongous" Evolve 60 isn't necessarily optimal; it's just the next size up from the 40 in the Halcyon line. I'm sure a 55 lb. wing would be fine for me.

Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a new wing as I am moving into doubles.

I've seen most people using the Halcyon evolve. Are there any other alternatives that are just as good as halcyon in terms of quality? I am currently looking at the tecline 22 but there is not much information/reviews out in the sea.

Anyone with experiences with any of the above two wings feel free to share!
Halcyon has a good reputation. Although, Tecline shouldn't be a problem.

When I switched from Worthington 85s to PST 104s, I had to switch from the Evolve 40 to the Evolve 60 to keep my head comfortably above water before beginning the dive, which is a phase of the dive that has to be kept in mind...

I probably should have been more judicious in my statement; I'm sure there are 60lb wings that are not too oversized, and certainly twin 104s in warm fresh water is going to be pretty damn negative at the beginning of a dive. So you would certainly be one of those divers that doesn't have much of a choice. But there are much bigger wings that just seem silly:

OMS Single Deep Ocean Bladder with Bungee

And in general I think many divers use aircells that are far larger than is really necessary. It's true with jacket BCs, the 'hybrid' singles/doubles wings, and larger technical wings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom