Apex XTX50 and XTX40 - which first stage to choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think this begs the question, when do you think it justifies the difference between a XTX 50 with FSR and a ATX40 with DS4? (not in terms of mounting or maintenance, but in terms of breathing effort, confort, etc)

upload_2021-5-7_9-48-58.png

I think this begs the question, when do you think it justifies the difference between a XTX 50 with FSR and a ATX40 with DS4? (not in terms of mounting or maintenance, but in terms of breathing effort, confort, etc)

View attachment 657623
NO difference in breathing effort and comfort.
Maintenance is the same for both environmental sealed 1st stage.
The advantages that FSR over DS4 are:
1. Extra HP port
2. Replaceable valve seat
3. 5th port compatible
4. Angled down HP port.

XTX50 over ATX40 is the self adjustable screw.

I may buy the ATX40 combo then, I'll save the money and spend the next 5 years understanding future needs that indeed I don't need right now.

Silly question, can the ATX40 and XTX40/50/200 be used with Nitrox? Or people usually use different regs for Nitrox?

I may buy the ATX40 combo then, I'll save the money and spend the next 5 years understanding future needs that indeed I don't need right now.

Silly question, can the ATX40 and XTX40/50/200 be used with Nitrox? Or people usually use different regs for Nitrox?
Sensible.
If you are not diving below 10C then AT20 as octopus will save you some more money.
You can always use the 40 as deco reg for example.

FAQs
No.5

Apeks use EPDM O-ring which is compatible to nitrox.

If you get all 50s, you’ll be able to use them forever. It’s a small price difference when you view it over time. Your diving may change.
I also agree that buying two 50's may be a benefit in the future although I believe it is possible to upgrade a 40.

Sensible.
If you are not diving below 10C then AT20 as octopus will save you some more money.
You can always use the 40 as deco reg for example.

FAQs
No.5

Apeks use EPDM O-ring which is compatible to nitrox.

I meant the ATX40 with DS4, not the AT40! :)

If you get all 50s, you’ll be able to use them forever. It’s a small price difference when you view it over time. Your diving may change.

That is true

Back
Top Bottom