THE "PERFECT ( being horizontal ) TRIM" HOAX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

36 pages and over 19000 views. A most successful thread I would dare say.
As I had already said this topic has been dealt with at least 20 yrs ago!!!!!!
Nothing new from all the replies, same old arguments and same old results. Getting no where!
Most successful? Most of us just have nothing to do to be honest.

As I had already said this topic has been dealt with at least 20 yrs ago!!!!!!
Nothing new from all the replies, same old arguments and same old results. Getting no where!
Most successful? Most of us just have nothing to do to be honest.
I think internet arguing is a new sport.
It’s called “recreational outrage”.

Maintaining horizontal trim is a benchmark for divers that's not particularly difficult to attain. It is a means to an end, not the end itself. Just another tool in the driver's toolbox.

It's taught in basic open water classes. The way some people drone on about it you would think it's some difficult skillset.

I think internet arguing is a new sport.
It’s called “recreational outrage”.
It’s blowing a solid SE gale outside, and I don’t want to argue with the better half, she always wins.

Let us know when you find it on you tube. I've enjoyed re-reading this thread. I've been too long out of the water.

I haven't seen the bloopers on the GUE YouTube, but they have an "Ask Anything" show tomorrow. I asked in advance, and they said they'll address it on the show.

It's a Q & A on YouTube and FB with the President and VP at 5 PM GMT (1 PM ET):

So one thing I noticed from when I taught on the knees when I first became an instructor to when I taught NB/T. In the early days all my students would swim slowly to the surface when following a direction on their compass. The NB/T crowd didn’t.

it is important to start NB/T as being in that position has its place. But no one should always be horizontal and no one says you should. Only in that a diver should be able to move horizontally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom