ID on a scuba console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know about The Brick, Orca Edge, ' cause a buddy of mine still dives his, but I didn't know they were in the analog dive computer business before that. Was it as effective as the ScubaPro?

The Orca Edge (if I recall correctly) dates to the mid to late 80's. I don't believe there was any connection between the Orca Edge and Farallon, but I don't really know.

The Farallon was around in the mid to early 70's. AFAIK, It was supposed to be an analog type device using similar principles to the Bend-O-Matic, but it had multiple tissues/ compartments. They did not work well or maybe worked at all.

We had them for sale at Divers Service Center (in PR) and I remember that they were recalled. I vaguely remember that they might have come back and they were recalled a second time. My memory is a bit fussy about that.

Here are some pictures that of these units that I found on the web in the past. I can't remember were the pictures came from. I don't know JK.

!BoJj16!Bmk~$(KGrHqIOKk!EtkE!UVNtBLmWYO6Fkg~~_12.jpg

!BoJj6Wg!mk~$(KGrHqUOKjkEtlzbdzEcBLmWYbqsGw~~_12.jpg

!BoJj+IwB2k~$(KGrHqIOKjIEtkoKdqeuBLmWYpnFzw~~_12.jpg

!BoJkDqgBGk~$(KGrHqYOKjgEtlwkLonuBLmWY25Bl!~~_12.jpg

Hey, I was teaching diving in the 80's (and diving in the 70's and 60's). Agree that I am old, not sure about the modifier "very." :)

No worries. All in fun. It was just that I recall coming up from a dive in 1967 and then I blinked and it is now 2021. Argh!
That was one long decompression you did mark. lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom